Stray Fawn Community

Albino wildlife​🐁

Lilytuft

We have albino nichelings, but doesn't almost any animal in real life have a small chage of being albino? It would be amazing to find an albino bearyena! So my idea is to add a small chance for almost any animal in niche to be albino, not just for the nicheling. This chance would of course be really small. If an animal is an albino, it should have it's eyesight decreased. Albinism would also make some nice achievements! Something like hunthing an albino rabbil or killing an albino bearyena or even encountering an albino ape or balancebear would be great achievements!

Albinos.png.494867ba3a7502552d6fad781775dd0b.png

+ I think that albinism should decrease nicheling's eyesight too!

Edited by The guiding spirit
it said "change" instead of "chance"
  • Like 8

9 replies to this post

I'd love to see albino creatures.

I don't agree with albinism decreasing a creature's eyesight though. It's hard getting creatures with albinism since it's not mutateable, so it feels sort of strange that if you want to work towards a gene that's only breedable with also a negative downside to it. It's already got enough downsides in that it removes camouflage from fur colour and patterns, in my opinion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, orangesunrise said:

I would love to see albino wildlife! I would get excited if an albino bearyena spawned. However, I don't really understand why albinism would decrease a creature's eyesight.

It would decrease eyesight, because that's what it does in real life

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bostonlobstah said:

I thought albinism decreases hearing as well...what if albino creatures had less camouflage? 

They already do, I'm pretty sure. Albinism removes all fur colour and pattern bonuses, so they have no camouflage at all.

• Like 1