Stray Fawn Community

Playback

MysticTopaz

I know it's super duper unlikely, but I had this thought so I'm going to share it:

What if there was a playback feature that shows your progress from the starting couple all the way until now? Not a play by play, but like, for example:

"Mela and Ronu made 5 babies, those 5 babies scattered throughout the island, one staying in the center while the other four went in each cardinal direction, and each of those five babies' families proceeded to evolve differently. Baby#1's family stayed exactly the same as Mela and Ronu. Baby#2's family up north evolved to be resistant to the cold and have white fur. Baby#3's family down south evolved to be resistant to heat and have yellow fur. Baby#4's family to the east evolved to fly and have beaks now. Baby#5's family to the west evolved stinky tails and toxic bodies."

Or maybe just a fast forward version of the actual gameplay? Like super fast, to show the rapid progression from Mela and Ronu to their five very different descendant families?

I know this is a long shot and very likely not possible, but it was a cool thought I had while playing, because I realized only a couple generations in that my babies have spread apart and started evolving separately thanks to the wanderers I've bred them with.

• Like 2

3 replies to this post

Honestly this isn't a bad idea. The first thing that comes to mind is the Spore species timeline where it shows the major events in a species' evolution.

If this were implemented I imagine it wouldn't be a thing for videos but something akin to what the afforementioned game had. I think it would begin with "[insert starting pair names here] arrived on a new island!" It would then track the days at which children were born, deaths occurred, wanderers invited in, and new genes unlocked. I think this would make a very interesting way to see how far our nichelings have come, though I do fear the space it would require.

• Like 2

Maybe we could have an option to register the progress we make with that tribe, i imagine that filmig the whole gameplay for watching later would take a lot of memory, disk space that some people dont have.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:11 PM, LordOfCider said:

Honestly this isn't a bad idea. The first thing that comes to mind is the Spore species timeline where it shows the major events in a species' evolution.

If this were implemented I imagine it wouldn't be a thing for videos but something akin to what the afforementioned game had. I think it would begin with "[insert starting pair names here] arrived on a new island!" It would then track the days at which children were born, deaths occurred, wanderers invited in, and new genes unlocked. I think this would make a very interesting way to see how far our nichelings have come, though I do fear the space it would require.

That's perfect!! :D Way better than my idea!

• Like 1