Stray Fawn Community

Immunities and sicknesses

Snow53211

Maybe your nichlings can get sick from their climate, if it gets too hot or cold you can have a message saying your nichlings can get sick if they don’t stay warm/cool. The thing that effects which nichlings get sick is their immunities. Some immunities would be resistant for sicknesses in certain climates, like j could giving resistance to heat, but weakness to cold. B or A can be neutral, giving few benefits/weaknesses.

• Like 1

8 replies to this post

What if this wasn't tied to immunities? I mean we get sick when it is very cold or sometimes wet, so why not have a random, low chance depending on the cold resistance of your creature, that it can get sick for a few days.

I feel like this could cause issues if not done carefully, or if there's a substantial amount of "neutral" immunities. Since if only, lets say, A or B is resistant to the cold, then it will be hard to keep that in the tribe without being constantly at risk for double-immunity sickness.

31 minutes ago, Dinocanid said:

I feel like this could cause issues if not done carefully, or if there's a substantial amount of "neutral" immunities. Since if only, lets say, A or B is resistant to the cold, then it will be hard to keep that in the tribe without being constantly at risk for double-immunity sickness.

I was thinking of having more then one immunities with cold/heat resistance 

15 hours ago, Jojo said:

What if this wasn't tied to immunities? I mean we get sick when it is very cold or sometimes wet, so why not have a random, low chance depending on the cold resistance of your creature, that it can get sick for a few days.

That would work too, I just feel it’s weird only nichlings with double immunities can catch a sickness out of nowhere, I’ll add a suggestion for it.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 3:57 AM, Jojo said:

I like the suggestion with this condition. Right now immunities are well balanced in terms of not having too many or too few (though having more or fewer immunity types to choose from might be an interesting option for difficulty adjustment, I might have to make that an official suggestion). This threatens to mess with a lot of that, but personally playing sandbox I don't feel that being a little too hot or too cold is too much of an issue right now, especially for a big pack where you can compensate by just having more members performing actions. A risk of illness would make it pretty scary. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Philo said:

I'm into this idea :)
This is how we actually intended to implement it in the first place xD
*Upvote*

Oh yeah, I remember those days where it said something along the lines of 'when you creature is to cold or has two double immunities it can get sick' and the swamps were considered cold island :D

• Like 1