Stray Fawn Community

[CLOSED] Win a Nimbatus Closed Alpha Steam key! - GIF competition, Topic: Best Flight Show

Markus

@MR. M THE GREAT Are you using the Nimbatus-internal GIF capture tool? Are you post-processing them somehow (Ezgif or another service). Maybe something doesn't work right with your configuration, we have to look into that.

Also: I really appreciate your enthusiasm about the game and the competition. But simply sending more Gifs won't increase your success of winning. While you have really cool looking Gifs, a lot of them are very similar or convey the same idea. Please post only one Gif per "idea" or story and choose the best one. This also makes the judging for us easier and speeds up the thread, because we don't have as many Gifs to load :) Remember: We will choose one Gif, not a series of Gifs, therefore there's no need to post several similar Gifs.

If you have questions about the contest or the Gif making process, feel free to ask :) And yes, there will be many more Gif contests :)

[edit] If you created Gifs of your cool drones but won't send it in into the competition, they are not lost: Please feel free to post them in this thread. Makes things easier to organize :) Thank you for your help.

Yes I did use the internal gif capturing tool but do I need to hold F9 down or just press it once because I had just pressed it once in those gifs I'm a bit confused with it, and ok I won't post several similar gifs sorry about that I did it because the I didn't really think about the one gif one idea .

7 hours ago, MR. M THE GREAT said:

Yes I did use the internal gif capturing tool but do I need to hold F9 down or just press it once because I had just pressed it once in those gifs I'm a bit confused with it, and ok I won't post several similar gifs sorry about that I did it because the I didn't really think about the one gif one idea .

Just press it once, it will then show a creating GIF text in the bottom right of the screen.

You could try to change the speed of the gif by uploading it here: https://ezgif.com/speed :)

• Like 1

I've prepared gifs to compare side-by-side conventional steering, and (my own design) steering with few logic gates.

Nimbatus_GIF_201806091156458103.gif

Nimbatus_GIF_201806091207423154.gif

Drones have same amount of fuel and thrusters, they are just placed a bit different, also the bottom one's weight is higher by 5 logic gates.

• Like 2

Hello everyone!

Thank you all for participating in this round. The topic was very restricted and you all tried to match it with your own approach, what made judging this time very difficult. If you didn't win this time around, please understand that it was really hard for us and even if we wanted to award more prices, we had to limit ourselves. The next contest will be announced tomorrow, and we hope you show us your creativity in the next round one again.

And without further ado, here are the two winners for the contest: "Best Flight Show"

@TheSaltFactory, who impressed us with a good 3-arc-GIF story and proved his incredible flight and fight skills in a real battle situation. Fighting till the bitter end, beautiful GIFs. Congratulations!

2.gif

4.gif

final.gif

@OmegaDeltaZero Who proved to us that the "best flight show" does not just mean most skillful, but maybe rather most graceful. Congratulations!

Nimbatus_GIF_201806031359027050.gif

I will send the two winners the Steam Closed-Alpha keys shortly via PM.

To all other participants. Thank you again for showing us your skills. The next contest will start tomorrow and I'm sure you will like it. See you soon! ❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Philo unpinned this topic
18 hours ago, z0mbiesrock said:

Yeah they already won since I saw that they had the most heart votes from the admins 🤔😅

This is definitely not a indicator for who's going to win the competition. Not everyone has time to be on the forum and check the threads regularly.

When the deadline for the contest is over, each jury member watches each GIF and votes, and then we will discuss&pick the winners.

• Like 1

@z0mbiesrock Indeed ^^
I just run around, checking the forums whenever I have time and liking all the cool stuff I see.
If I don't like something it's no indicator if I find it cool or not, since I've maybe just not seen it or looked at it in detail.
That is why we sit down together when it comes to the GIF contests. To make sure we have seen everything and can vote acoordingly :)