Stray Fawn Community

Wanderers defend themselves

IncarnationOfBoredom

7 replies to this post

Yeah, it would be a nice feature to toggle. It actually changed the way I played when I realized they just ran away, because at first I didn't really bother to defend my females against them since I figured that I had more to lose by having my strong ones get in a fight then have a few extra offspring that consume some extra resources and can't contribute much, especially when I am well stocked on food and old age is more the threat than lack of food. 

Though similar to what Jojo said, it should be based on whether the rogue can take you or not. Though personally I would add that in addition to what genes are present, total strength count should be considered as well. Even without any special genes, a rogue with 1 strength probably wouldn't want to mess with a 7 strength, that would be suicide. Better to try and sneak in when your members that can actually fight are out of energy. 

On 6/2/2018 at 3:10 PM, Jojo said:

I'd love that, though people might like it as a feature to toggle, as to make the game not so difficult for beginners or people who just want to relax :)

True, but considering that rogues usually are very weak, and you don't have all that much reason to attack wanderers, it'd just be a matter of making sure you don't attack powerful wanderers mostly.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2018 at 4:10 PM, Jojo said:

I'd love that, though people might like it as a feature to toggle, as to make the game not so difficult for beginners or people who just want to relax :)

I think that on the easy islands they would have lower/no defense. The wanderer's defense should raise with harder islands.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, crazybrownmittens said:

I think that on the easy islands they would have lower/no defense. The wanderer's defense should raise with harder islands.

But only if they have the according genes like big body, wouldn't make sense otherwhise :)