Stray Fawn Community

Reptile genes!!

cinnacat

This includes: 2 Snouts, 1 body, 2 tails, 1 ears.

Snouts first:

Poisonous Serpent Snout: 
+2 Attack
+2 Smelling
+1 Venomous 
This gene can be unlocked by spending 30 days in a hot climate.

image.png.c7d389103f38fcc4dd0412fedec64b8f.png

• Forked tongue is always out, and is the same color as pattern color
  • Snake shaped head obviously, i just cant draw snake heads well
  • Obviously resistant to poison

Serpent Snout:
+2 Attack
+2 Smelling
This gene can be unlocked by inviting nichelings with it into your tribe.
This gene can be unlocked by spending 20 days in a hot climate.
image.png.ed5138df3052c424873dd52a83c4cdf4.png

• Same shape head, etc.
  • No fangs

Body:

Scaley Body:
+1 Defense
+2 Heat Resistance
-2 Cold resistance
+3 Speed
+2 Distasteful appearance
This gene can be unlocked by spending 30 days in a hot climate

image.png.b22f7a303e2515dba01d6a37e78c62d4.png

• Scales have texture (possibly 3D)

Tails:

Serpent Tail:
+1 Speed
This gene can be unlocked by clearing away 400 grass

image.png.c55636134ae558df1acdd7af4f2bb7c4.png

• Lays on ground, cant lift it up

Lizard tail:
+1 Distasteful appearance
image.png.08d376ea25af787ffaf138e76d8f2cb0.png

• When attacked by predator (bearyena, balance bear, ape, etc.) its tail detaches (is visibly gone when it detaches) and grants it +3 speed for one day (basically tail detaches so it can run away) tail takes 4 days to grow back.

Ears:

No Ears:
+1 Hearing
+2 Camouflage
This gene can be unlocked by inviting nichelings with it into your tribe
This gene can be unlocked by unlocking Bird beak (for the full bird look)
image.png.5fa773e54069aa60e25efa78bde26146.png

OK THATS IT
tell me what you think as i spent an hour on this :")

• Like 2

14 replies to this post

Hey, I think you’ve got some pretty interesting genes here, but I think some of them need a bit of balancing. First, there’s a scaly body suggestion here: 

I think that the unique ability of the lizard tail should be enough and doesn’t need the added on distasteful appearance. Also the stats for no ears doesn’t make much sense to me, I see where you’re coming from but I think it can be better.

2 minutes ago, Sheireen said:

@cinnacat I get what you mean with that but still, people will see one and probably ignore the other because they already have voted for this, havent they?

I personally think it is better to put an alternative suggestion for the basically same thing in the comments of that thread where it also can be upvoted inside that threat and people can discuss the pros and cons of the variants better

that does sound good, i just made a large post of all the genes i had in mind instead of commenting the seperate ones on the other threads. ill probably do that next time

6 minutes ago, Pokestardragacraft said:

Hey, I think you’ve got some pretty interesting genes here, but I think some of them need a bit of balancing. First, there’s a scaly body suggestion here: 

I think that the unique ability of the lizard tail should be enough and doesn’t need the added on distasteful appearance. Also the stats for no ears doesn’t make much sense to me, I see where you’re coming from but I think it can be better.

I'll explain my reasoning:
my scaly body suggestion is different, if you look at the comments there they mentioned the scales change other body parts where as mine is just the body, which is why i figured it was okay to give it a shot.
i realize now that the lizard tail + that ability would not be very good. if it's a distasteful appearance the predators wont want to hit the nicheling to trigger the ability, so i agree with you on that part. As for the no ears, the one hearing (lowest hearing of all the ears) maybe should have been 0 hearing as it.. has no ears.. but for the camouflage my reasoning was that when the ears of the nichelings jut out it can be seen maybe from above tall grasses, where as no ears would allow the nicheling to kind of duck and traverse through tall grasses better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cinnacat said:

I'll explain my reasoning:
my scaly body suggestion is different, if you look at the comments there they mentioned the scales change other body parts where as mine is just the body, which is why i figured it was okay to give it a shot.
i realize now that the lizard tail + that ability would not be very good. if it's a distasteful appearance the predators wont want to hit the nicheling to trigger the ability, so i agree with you on that part. As for the no ears, the one hearing (lowest hearing of all the ears) maybe should have been 0 hearing as it.. has no ears.. but for the camouflage my reasoning was that when the ears of the nichelings jut out it can be seen maybe from above tall grasses, where as no ears would allow the nicheling to kind of duck and traverse through tall grasses better.

ummm...pretty sure birds and snakes can hear sound

3 minutes ago, Sheireen said:

Isn't poison snout already a snake head? to me it looks like a snake head

oh and I already made something for No Ears weeks ago :D

Poison snout i dont know if its meant to be a snake head? it doesnt look too much like one to me, but its sort of a matter of opinion i guess.
As for the 'same post thing' it kind of confuses me? i figured it was okay to post same ones as long as they're different because then we have multiple opinions that can be sort of combined, stuff like that

Feature Requests

1 minute ago, cinnacat said:

Poison snout i dont know if its meant to be a snake head? it doesnt look too much like one to me, but its sort of a matter of opinion i guess.
As for the 'same post thing' it kind of confuses me? i figured it was okay to post same ones as long as they're different because then we have multiple opinions that can be sort of combined, stuff like that

Well, technically it is "okay" noone will remove your post or anything, but there is this little text for the feature request section:

Post, upvote and comment ideas for Niche improvements and new features here. 

- Please make a separate post for each suggestion. If you have ideas for two new predators, each predator gets its own post.
- Upvote and comment your favorite ideas. This will increase their change of being implemented in the game.
- Choose a clear, descriptive title, such as "New ears for cold resistance" or "More diverse water biomes".
- The final selection of improvements/new features will be made in the next community voting in late 2018.
- Search if your idea has already been suggested. Having an idea posted twice hurts both posts since all upvotes are counted seperately.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZUPERANDOM said:

yes but 0 hearing makes no sense. camoflauge does make sense however

yea thanks for agreeing on the camouflage thing, i quite like the idea
yea already in the suggestion its at 1 hearing. but looking at all the ear genes now they all have at least 3 hearing. so i might edit and make the no ears thing 2 hearing so its still fine but not as good as others

6 minutes ago, Sheireen said:

Feature Requests

Well, technically it is "okay" noone will remove your post or anything, but there is this little text for the feature request section:

Post, upvote and comment ideas for Niche improvements and new features here. 

- Please make a separate post for each suggestion. If you have ideas for two new predators, each predator gets its own post.
- Upvote and comment your favorite ideas. This will increase their change of being implemented in the game.
- Choose a clear, descriptive title, such as "New ears for cold resistance" or "More diverse water biomes".
- The final selection of improvements/new features will be made in the next community voting in late 2018.
- Search if your idea has already been suggested. Having an idea posted twice hurts both posts since all upvotes are counted seperately.

yea, i read that. i just feel like we should be able to post the same things twice because then people can still upvote on the seperate posts on which one they like more than the other cause then we have more options. i probably wont do it again if people like to point that out though

@cinnacat I get what you mean with that but still, people will see one and probably ignore the other because they already have voted for this, havent they?

I personally think it is better to put an alternative suggestion for the basically same thing in the comments of that thread where it also can be upvoted inside that threat and people can discuss the pros and cons of the variants better