Stray Fawn Community

Raccoon Achievement

Feisty

I'm new to this kind of thing, so I hope I'm posting in the right category and area. I am on the release_preview update and on the English version of Niche. I've been going for the raccoon achievement and once I finally think I've uptrained everything correctly, the achievement is not given to me yet. I've read around on Steam Community that this one seems to have glitches, and that I was told to report here. What should I do? Suggestions? Or am I doing this wrong? 

niche1.jpg

niche2.jpg

• Like 2

6 replies to this post

@Feisty (Welcome to the forums, BTW!) Make sure you were connected to the internet at the time. Achievements don't get rewarded unless your connected to the internet, so next time you play on your savefile, make sure your connected and play with your tribe for a few minutes. Hopefully you'll get it! :D

• Like 2

Welcome Feisty :)
Thanks for the screenshot of the genes!
There is indeeed a problem with the Racoon Achievement. The achievement is only awarded for a very specific set of genes.
I'll use your screenshot to add more breeding options to get the achievement!
If you have any more babies you think should receive the achievement but don't -> Please post a screenshot of their genes too ^^

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

@Feisty (Welcome to the forums, BTW!) Make sure you were connected to the internet at the time. Achievements don't get rewarded unless your connected to the internet, so next time you play on your savefile, make sure your connected and play with your tribe for a few minutes. Hopefully you'll get it! :D

Thank you! @Skysplash8, I was indeed connected to the internet when both of the Nichlings were bred in. Still no achievement.  

9 hours ago, Philo said:

Welcome Feisty :)
Thanks for the screenshot of the genes!
There is indeeed a problem with the Racoon Achievement. The achievement is only awarded for a very specific set of genes.
 I'll use your screenshot to add more breeding options to get the achievement!
 If you have any more babies you think should receive the achievement but don't -> Please post a screenshot of their genes too ^^

@Philo

I am still confused. Is there something I did wrong that didn't get me the achievement? 

8 hours ago, Feisty said:

@Philo

I am still confused. Is there something I did wrong that didn't get me the achievement? 

It's a specific combination of pattern dencity and size

@Feisty
No, it's something we did wrong in not including this specific combination of genes as a possible solution :)
There are various genetic combinations to look like a racoon, but we only allowed a few of them to actually unlock the achivement.
We'll fix it.

• Like 1