Stray Fawn Community
Lilytuft

Weak and deaf ears

Suggestion

I've seen people suggest inner ears, but never deaf ears.

1907502083_IfyoureadthistouchyournoseopenyourmouthandsayFruitbatman!.png.63351b93a52be122a7b6cf55102de40a.png

I'm not so sure about the desings, those are just a couple of ideas. if you have better desings, please show me!

Stats:

• Weak ears:
    • +1 hearing
    • +1 camoflauge
  • Deaf ears
    • 0 hearing
    • +2 camoflauge

6 replies to this suggestion

1 hour ago, Pokestardragacraft said:

Smaller ears = harder to see is what I think they’re going for

Oh alright I see. I doubt that is a good idea since realistically, animals with upright ears are capable of moving them flatter against their head when hiding or stalking prey, and ear size in general certainly don't have that much of an effect on whether an animal can be spotted in general. Personally, I don't like the camoflauge idea, especially since deafness doesn't correlate to ear size in biology.

However, I am alright with it working the same way as eyesight and blindness does, where they are just negative effects without a tradeoff. If there was a tradeoff though, I would like it if their other senses were stronger to make up for the one they lack, since that is something that DOES happen with lots of people and animals!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, glitchplight said:

Oh alright I see. I doubt that is a good idea since realistically, animals with upright ears are capable of moving them flatter against their head when hiding or stalking prey, and ear size in general certainly don't have that much of an effect on whether an animal can be spotted in general. Personally, I don't like the camoflauge idea, especially since deafness doesn't correlate to ear size in biology. 

However, I am alright with it working the same way as eyesight and blindness does, where they are just negative effects without a tradeoff. If there was a tradeoff though, I would like it if their other senses were stronger to make up for the one they lack, since that is something that DOES happen with lots of people and animals! 

I was thinking of that, but I was too tired to think about wich sense would be better, so I just went with the camoflauge. I would very much apreciate if you could help me decide!

maybe with the smaller ears, you can have cold resistance because animals living in cooler climates have smaller ears, ie, arctic foxes(lives in the frozen tundra, for example in greenland) compared to fennec foxes(live in the sahara I am pretty sure)

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, glitchplight said:

Why would camoflauge go up with less hearing ability?

Smaller ears = harder to see is what I think they’re going for

• Like 1

I agree that it would much sense for them to give camouflage but the deaf ears or weak ears could also maybe be tied in with another feature (apart from giving other senses a buff). You see pulled back ears or flattened ears are often a sign of aggressiveness, that's why some cat breeds with flat ears have trouble staying out of fights because they look aggressive to other cats. So maybe we could have an aggressiveness feature similar in effect either to strong voice or distasteful appearance that would scare away hostile creatures and or wanderers.

• Like 1