Stray Fawn Community

[CLOSED] Win a Nimbatus Closed Alpha Steam key! - GIF competition, Open topic

Philo

Hi everyone :)

We now start the 4th GIF competition!
This time we have an OPEN topic. So feel free to create any kind of awesome GIFS! No restrictions.

The best two GIFS win a Steam key for the Closed Alpha of Nimbatus.
Deadline to enter is Thursday, 28th of June. (Winners will be announced shortly after).

Here are the rules:

• Post your GIF right here in this thread. Multiple entries per person are allowed.
  • Only GIFs recorded with the demo version are allowed in this competition.
  • @Roger, @Markus, @Micha and @Philo will pick 2 favorites.
  • There will be only awarded one key per person. If you won in a previous contest, we won't award you another key.

Please note:
You can use [F9] to generate an animated GIF of the last 6 seconds gameplay, but feel free to use other tools.
Remember that the best GIF wins! Tell an interesting story with your GIF.

For this contest the best looking GIF wins. We'll have contests which award pure logic/cleverness at a later time.
We maybe show some of these cool gifs on Twitter, Reddit, etc. Please only post here if that's ok with you.

Tipp: The GIF capture tool hides bad framerates. If you turn off the Bloom because of performance reasons, turn them on before recording the GIF. The game might have a low frame rate, but the resulting GIF should run smoothly and might result in nicer looking GIF because of the effects.

• Like 3

• Philo pinned this topic

This is a replica of the "Welcome to Planet Urf" League of Legends login screen, which can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYIiy03eGE0

The lore of Urf http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Urf and Zoe https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_PH/story/champion/zoe/ might be required to understand the story

After Urf died by the hands of Warwick, he was sent to a place between dimensions, where he was destined to stay forever as a shadow of his former self. However, Urf would not accept such a fate. He trained his mind and imagination - as there was nothing physical in this realm - until by chance the wandering aspect of Mischief, Zoe, found him. Zoe admired his determination and for the first time decided to do something that wan't for her own amusement. She granted him a single wish. Urf thought about it for a long time and finally decided on this: "I wish to be an inspiration to people, I wish to rise, to make others rise, to grow, so others can as well. I wish for the ability to help anyone, wherever possible as long as they deserver that help." And for making such a compassionate wish Zoe shared a part of her power with Urf. Urf became an aspect: The Awesome Buffer of Awesomely Awesomeness. He traveled through the multiverse and helped many, who deserved it and some who didn't, until he found Earth. There, he saw a team of dedicated programmers, who were working on a game called Nimbatus, and he decided to help them. He recreated his homeworld, Planet Urf, to show the team how great their game was, and what potential it held, so they would be inspired to grow the game further. This is the story of Urf. May he continue to help those in need in the future.

Wow, that is longer than I expected it to be. If you made it until here, thank you for reading!

Nimbatus_GIF_201806141443121483.gif

Nimbatus_Screenshot_201806141600089734.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yes @Murkusfast and @z0mbiesrock. We haven't thought about people re-entering old gifs, but fitting the topic was indeed reason why we hadto choose one gif over the other in topic-based contests. And since this one now is open for everything, you are free to enter what ever you want. So please you two, feel free to enter your old gifs for the last contest, if you think they are great (which they are!), but of course we hope that you will surprise us with even more creative creations :) Looking forward to what you're creating next ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FINALLY i made it work!🤩 It would be way more compact with the buffer because all the IF gates are for timing.

Right click to activate/deactivate, left click to "lose a life"

Nimbatus_GIF_201806151614154500.gif

Nimbatus_GIF_201806151614568748.gif

Nimbatus_GIF_201806151618032595.gif

Knipsel.PNG

i made a draw it sort of game, i wanted to put this type of system on it and when all 3 lifes are lost, you get blown up. i didnt got the lifes to work untill now. but this uses so many keys that the drawing is realy hard now. here is the draw it game:

Nimbatus_GIF_201806161410197775.gif

Nimbatus_GIF_201806161407551909.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Murkusfast said:

FINALLY i made it work!🤩 It would be way more compact with the buffer because all the IF gates are for timing.

Right click to activate/deactivate, left click to "lose a life"

Nimbatus_GIF_201806151614154500.gif

Nimbatus_GIF_201806151614568748.gif

Nimbatus_GIF_201806151618032595.gif

Knipsel.PNG

Maybe you should make a story to go with your drone

• Like 2

Great entries so far. I love your creativity.

Quick note: When we say we love "the story" of the GIF, we don't mean the thing you tell us about your GIF, or the backstory. Simply when someone watches the GIF, what happens / is told in the GIF itself. Sometimes there are interesting things done in this way :) 

• Like 1

@lack_ofabettername OMG, this is really awesome. Great usage of Direction-Sensor. Unfortunately the demo really has the limitation of using only the keypad. I haven't experimented with how you can circumvent that. The closed alpha has the feature of using tags additional to keys, so there's no limit on how many combinations you can create.