Stray Fawn Community

Symbiotic body type 1

thivid08

A new body gene that would implement symbiotic relationships with other organisms.( Inspired by the relationship between sloths and algae)

There are two variations: (I will talk about the second one in another post)

The first one is a really hairy body with pointy hairs. These nichelings have a relationship with small creeping algae like plants that grow on their back. They have no plants on them when they are babies, but it starts growing on them once they have 2 gems and start fruiting once they have 3 gems. These nichelings essentially become walking berry bushes, and other creatures can gather the berries from them. They also attract berry eating creatures. Their symbiotic plant works like a berry bush and it can be replenished by standing in water, but the berries dont grow if the water is too deep and they grow slower if their host is unhealthy. Nichelings with this body can hold up to 5 berries.

Edit: This could be perfect for savannah and mountain islands, but it does not give any climate resistance.

Edited by thivid08
Extra detail
  • Like 5

4 replies to this post

OMG this is AWESOME!!! It'd be like having a replete in an ant colony!! I want this in the game!

However, given that the creature is no doubt being weighed down by the fruiting plants, perhaps it also has at least a -1 in speed?

Ohhh I love this idea! I think it would look awesome! I like the idea of it giving -1 speed. Also some camouflage too? 

Maybe the plant would die or at least go dormant in extreme hot or cold? Since they wouldn’t survive in those climates anyway.

3 hours ago, MysticTopaz said:

OMG this is AWESOME!!! It'd be like having a replete in an ant colony!! I want this in the game!

However, given that the creature is no doubt being weighed down by the fruiting plants, perhaps it also has at least a -1 in speed?

Thanks! I noticed that you seem to like bugs, especially ants, so you may like symbiotic body type 2 which has something to do with bugs,( But that idea is not ready yet) Also the berries are not heavy.

• Like 1