Stray Fawn Community

Help needed to test 1.0.7 Savefiles with the new Version

Micha

As we changed a lot for the whale update, we want to make sure the savefiles of the main version (1.0.7) are still compatible with the newest version on the release_preview branch ( 1.1.4).

It would be awesome if you can try to load older save files, or create save files with the main version and test if you can load them correctly with the new version. Please report any bugs or problems related to the save file loading here :)

Especially keep an eye out for the gene unlock progress, to make sure it does not get lost when loading a 1.0.7 savefile.

Tested an old safe for an hour or so right now.Nnone of the previously unlocked genes were locked again, so that stayed the same which is pretty nice :D

I also didn't encounter any major bugs so far. Female peacock tail shows up just fine as well and it is totally adorable!

The only thing I noticed or wondered about is that the new genes don't seem to recognize the time I have already spent in hot or cold areas or even the attack count. So I already unlocked the big body and technically have the requirements for the heat body but it isn't unlocked (same with the scorpion tail as I have already unlocked lean body previously). Now I don't know if this is something you can fix and I don't really mind just thought I'd mention that technically the requirements were met before the update but are not recognized with the new genes though they unlock if you meet the requirements again. So I unlocked peacock tail and wings just fine :) (I was super lucky with the wings I called from the stump one time and a one winged wanderer shot out of the darkness :D )

• Like 2

Yeah all genes save their progress individually, therefore the new genes have to be unlocked again.

We plan to rework this in a future update, it's a bit buggy at the moment :)

• Like 3

• Philo unpinned this topic