Stray Fawn Community

0.3.2 Weapons don't need energy

OmegaDeltaZero

I may be wrong, but i'd say that is not a bug but a feature and working as intended.

You have to use two slots so that would leave you with only one for a 'real' upgrade. I think that's balancing enough.

Edit: It may look weird that there is no need for any energy source at all, so maybe there should be at least one source?

A discussion about that behaviour is a good thing,  other opinions will shed another light on this topic.

Maybe the formula to add upgrades could be adjusted from addition to multiplication.

Replace 20+80=100% with 100*0,8*0,2=16%

• Like 1

@OmegaDeltaZero Sorry for posting so late. Yes, I think it is a Bug, because we didn't think all upgrades through. I think there might be cases, where we want to allow for cumulative 0% or 100%, but we have to design it that way - and in the case of the Energy-Upgrades it was simply not designed and by chance :) 

So a discussion if this should be allowed or not is a good thing. Maybe we can allow for 0% Energy Usage, but you have to use all 3 slots, e.g. -20%, -30%,-50%? 

Good point @OmegaDeltaZero. I'm not sure how we should balance all upgrades yet, as we only implemented the system but didn't spend a lot of time balancing each upgrade. Also I'm not sure how 4-slot artifacts will work.

I hope I get to spend more time on thinking about gameplay soon :) So much things to do for this heat/cold update 😅 Sorry for letting you hang with this issues for the time being :) 

• 2 weeks later...