Stray Fawn Community

Logic gates => truth tables?

OmegaDeltaZero

Logic gates are pretty confusing for many, so what about creating a "simplier" way co manage logic?
What about just giving an user ready truth tables with up to (idk, 6?) Inputs, already filled with 000000, 000001, 000010, 000011... and letting (the ones who would like something like this) just fill the rest of the table with as many outputs as they want???

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania 5 input truth table

• Like 1

6 replies to this post

A truth table that 'hides' the logic can simplify the programming of a drone. 

It just helps to reduce the amount of gates needed to achieve the intended result if one wants to use it.

Let's get to the hard part.  How would you explain this to a user?  Looking at this with an eye for the clues it gives people, I don't think it would be at all clear to a user how to generate an output with these.  Often the hardest part of things like this is presenting it in a way that they can pick up and use without a tutorial.

This suggestion has been made before, though, and i supported it then, and support it now.

• Like 2

If a gamer can use logic gates to achieve complex functionality then i think that user can also understand a truth table.

If a gamer only manages to create simple logic then they have no need for a truth table.

So as i see it there are only 10 people who know how to use it. One either knows logic algebra or not. 😉

• Like 1

10 TYPES of people.

Baked Beans, in short, this is a table of all  the possible combinations of inputs, an the possible outputs.  For example, look at the first.  A and B.  With two inputs, there are four possible states; A is true, B is false.  B is true, A is false.  Both are true.  Both are false.  By placing an output in the F column, you can assign specific outputs.  

So this gives you a number of logic blocks in one place; if can replace if gates, AND gates, OR gates, and a number of other gates.  It can even act as a number of blocks at once.  Say you want to shoot if A is true, unless B is true. (Fire mining lasers unless you detect ore, assuming we can do that eventually.)   You could sat this up to produce a firing output if A (detect terrain) is true, B (Detect ore) is false, and a mining output if B or both A and B are true.

Creating a series of logic blocks to do this can be slightly more challenging.  ]By using a table of possible output combinations instead of logical tests, you can have very complex behavior laid out in a single table, rather than having to take notes about how separate blocks interact.

Haha, no worries :D 

Whatever thing we'll implement to help people dig really deep into logic, we'll make sure that everyone can build stuff at least how easily you can build now (which isn't easy to begin with xD ). I hope we can make it more easy. Have to improve in two directions :)