Stray Fawn Community

Prehistoric times of the niche world

thivid08

Lets discuss and share our theories about how the world was and how the different species looked during the ancient era of niche, the time where armor body and saber teeth nichelings roamed without being frozen. What were their predators, what did they hunt, and why are the prehistoric nichelings the only ancient creatures that ended up frozen? Maybe we will even get answers from the devs!

• Like 2

I suspect that they lived on warmer climates, like the grasslands but a bit colder, the ice age eventually caused them to adapt and develop the genes we can find, but they all ended up freezing at the coldest part of the ice age, where the snowstorms were deadlier and colder than in modern times, thats when their slowness came into effect

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Moonar Landing said:

Maybe some of them hunted mammoths, and that's why they had such attack and defense-oriented genes! Big teeth for chomping through all the fur and fat, mammoth foot to survive that snow, and armored bodies to keep them livin' if they got whacked  :o

I think rather than normal mammoths they hunted some sort of pygmy mammoth adapted to smaller islands, but maybe there were giant walrus deer with megaloceros horns. I would like to speculate about the predators of that time. Any ideas?

• Like 2

I think that ancient nichelings were either the apex predators of their time, or they had to deal with extremely deadly predators that caused them to become so strong and defensive. There may have been ancient versions of the balance bears and ramfoxes, like large saber teeth bears and fast dire foxes with heavier ramhorns. Maybe there were apes on these islands, huge snow dwelling apes unlike anything we have seen before, or maybe some extinct creature we have no clue existed. I wish we at least had a clue of what their predators looked like. Maybe in a future update we could find decorative fossils, or a game developer could answer, for now, all we have is speculation.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...