Stray Fawn Community

New Hind Legs

betwixted

Out of all the genes, hind legs offer the least amount of variety. You only have three genes, normal hind legs, webbed hind legs, or Bearyena hind legs, and don't offer much if you have wings. I feel like there's a great opportunity here to get some more diversity in hind leg genes and to make them more useful for winged Nichelings, so I came up with two ideas for new hind legs, both of which give different abilities depending upon if a Nicheling is winged or not.

TALON HIND LEGS

talons.thumb.png.68b5662b12c17a2150dba88a09e06df2.png

If winged...

• +4 fishing
  • +1 strength
  • +1 swimming

If not winged...

• +1 speed
  • +1 swimming
  • +1 strength

Talon hind legs are meant to make fishing builds for winged Nichelings more viable. Currently, the only way to get fishing with winged Nichelings is if you have fishing tail, which only gives +2 fishing. Catching razorinas or clown kois with only +2 fishing is hard, so talon hind legs give +4 fishing so you can catch all fish. The +1 swimming is so you can still traverse water, and the +1 strength comes from the fact they're talons. On non-winged Nichelings, they act similar to Bearyena hind legs, giving +1 speed, +1 swimming, and +1 strength.

GRASPING HIND LEGS

grasping.thumb.png.018e96a7e3d8dbbfe65643b2df94f838.png

talons.png

If winged...

• +4 collecting
  • +1 swimming

If not winged...

• +1 speed
  • +1 swimming
  • +climbing

Currently, the only to collect with wings is with beak, which only has +1 collecting--not incredibly efficient. Grasping hind legs would offer winged Nichelings a more efficient way of collecting, acting like a double pair of nimble fingers and giving +4 collecting. The +1 swimming is so you can still traverse water. Meanwhile, on non-winged Nichelings, they'd offer +1 speed, +1 swimming, and +climbing. Climbing would be a new stat that gives them the ability to go into trees, even if they aren't winged.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

10 replies to this post

38 minutes ago, Kiki said:

I think these are great ideas! Though it is suggested to put one idea per post, so try to make two different posts for these great ideas!

Thanks! I put them in the same post together because they both have to deal with hind legs, but noted for next time.