Stray Fawn Community

Walking on snow + new prey

Dinocanid

I think an interesting idea would be a gene that allows you to walk on top of heavy snowfall (like on first snow). Maybe "snowshoe paws" or something. It could also be tied to body type, so a small body with snowshoe feet won't fall through, but a big-bodied nichling would.

Another idea would accompany that one: prey that hides under the snow or moves around in it, and your nichelings could go mousing for them (like foxes do).

• Like 5

5 replies to this post

2 hours ago, pebbleheart.the.med.cat said:

These are great suggestions, but maybe put them into two different suggestions, so the studios can work easier

I mainly put them together since the new prey would be difficult/impossible to catch unless you had some way to move faster through the snow, instead of slowly digging your way through (kind of like how the digging paw is accompanied by roots)

23 hours ago, Lilytuft said:

I think hindlegs would make more sense than a body :)

That's what I was suggesting xD

What I mean by the body thing was similar to flying. A big bodied nicheling with wings can't fly very far (due to weight), so a big bodied nicheling would probably be too heavy to walk on snow (thus making the snowshoe paws cosmetic instead of useful). I wasn't suggesting a new body type.

• Like 1