Stray Fawn Community

The Electric reel🐟, Cleaner crab​🦀​, Water ticks​🕷️​ and Sea lic​​e

Fishyfishyfishy500

1253865680_Variousnicheconcepts-Copy.thumb.png.a3d82c2e6f0ec872b19926508b5339a1.png

Electric reel

The Electric reel is a combination of an Electric eel and an Electric ray. They spawn in oceans and Jungle rivers. They are quite uncommon.

Movement:

Electric reels often stay under the sediment during the day, making them hard to see, however they sometimes move, but at night, they rise out of the sediment and hunt for their prey, using their shock ability to kill and eat fish

Habitat:

Electric reels live in the ocean and in rivers in jungle biomes(but no easy islands or medium islands)

Hunting:

when you attack or step on it, it unleashes its electric shock(will shock the predator even if not in water), the shock will paralyze anything that doesn't die from it(crabbits, fish, and rabbils die instantly) for 3 turns and deals 1 damage in a 3 tile radius in the water, this shock takes 3 turns to recharge, it will also flee when attacked, they drop 35 food when killed 

However, a special gene can be unlocked called shocking tail that gives immunity to electricity and an ability to make shocks to paralyze attackers for 3 turns after the stun, which also make the attacks pierce defense

Gene: Shocking tail

+Electrical resistance

+1 swimming with water body

-1 cold resistance

+Power shock(when attacking, the target gets stunned for 3 turns, this also pierces defense)

unlock conditions: kill and eat an electric reel 

Lifespan:

They live for 75 days.

Diet:

Electric reels eat fish, clams, worms and crabbits

Abilities:

4 swimming

1 cracking

1 attack

1 defense

2 eyesight

4 smelling

2 hearing

electroreception(ignores all stealth, odor disguise and camo as long as it is in water)

Thunderstruck(a powerful shock that requires 3 turns to recharge)

Size:

slightly larger than a nicheling

Cleaner Crab

The Cleaner crab is a combination of a cleaner shrimp, ghost crab and swimming crab(there are 4 swimming crab hind legs on its rear), they spawn around coral(in warm oceans, occur in reefs) or on beaches, they are quite uncommon on the beach, but very common near rock reefs or coral

Movement:

The cleaner crab often moves around if spawned on a beach, they mostly scuttle along, looking for food, or they swim/walk around corals/healing plants if they find them, they move when you move, they also move 3 times at night

Habitat:

Cleaner crabs live in the ocean and beaches surrounding most biomes except for mountain biomes and easy islands

Hunting:

when attacked, it will attack for 1 damage and bolt at high speed, often into water or animal burrows to escape, however, this isn't worth it because they remove parasites and only give 3 food when killed, they will also eat healing plants to restore their health

Lifespan:

they live for 30 days each

Diet:

these crabs feed on clams, carcasses, nuts, coconuts, water ticks, leeches and sea lice

Predators:

Smelling and hearing apes(one shot it), however it will flee from them

Abilites:

4 speed(often walks at 2, runs at 4 when attacked/threatened)

4 swimming(often swims at 2, sprints at 4 when threatened/attacked)

1 cracking

1 attack

4 defense

Distasteful appearance

3 eyesight

3 smelling

2 hearing

Size:

crabbit sized

Sea lice

Sea lice are a combination of sea lice and a normal sucking louse, they rarely(5% everyday) randomly spawn in the deeper parts of the ocean or rarely in rivers(1% everyday)

Habitat:

Rivers and Ocean, however, they are quite rare and never spawn on easy islands or medium islands

Movement:

Sea lice hardly move at all on their own, they often wait for a host to come by in a 6 tile radius, then they bolt to it with their 5 swimming, they act like more annoying leeches, they also can terrifyingly enough, walk around on land(2 speed) and latch onto hosts and begin to feed

Hunting and prevention:

Sea lice are ravenous and occur in swarms of 5-10(all fit in the same tile), making them hard to catch without being eaten alive, armored body creatures are immune to their effect, but they will wait until a more suitable host comes along such as a fish, however having poison or venom will kill the lice when they attack, and distasteful scent will make them ignore the entity, then they can be taken if the creature can catch fish/insects cleaner crabs can and will eliminate entire swarms in one turn, even if attached to another creature

Notable Characteristics:

When they attack, they may give the host heavy bleeding the next day and inflict the Sea lice status effect(until it is cured by the ways to hunt them above), which functions like poison

Diet: 

anything and everything with no defense, poison or distasteful scent, also carcasses, however, they prefer carcasses and will only attack living hosts after 3 days of not finding any food

Lifespan:

one swarm lasts 20 days, but every time one of their hosts dies, a new swarm is created unless it was cured by cleaner crabs

Size:

one individual is slightly smaller than a leech

Water tick

Water ticks are a combination of a water spider and a tick, they can live in waters anywhere, but are most common hiding in algae clumps in cooler seas and occur in swarms of 2-3

Movement:

Water ticks rarely stray from the grass or algae clump they stay in, but hop onto any suitable host(no defense, poison or distasteful scent)

Habitat:

grass and plants around rivers,  algae anywhere except easy islands

Hunting and prevention:

Creatures with collecting can remove the ticks, flying creatures can also eat these ticks without getting hijacked, the ticks will also die from high heat like that in the Savannah biome,  or extreme cold, like that in mountain biomes(not around rivers) and will be readily eaten by cleaner crabs

Diet:

Mammal blood(aka things like walrus deer, nichelings and rabbils)

Notable Characteristics:

2.5% of the time, Green Water ticks will spawn in a swarm, these transmit lyme disease, making a creature have one less action point and die after 10 days of infection, which can be cured by eating any sort of healing plant or by not moving 2 days in a row, also Lyme disease can never be caught by a creature twice once it is cured, they also give the debuff called tick infestation, which will lower the creatures speed, swimming and flight by 1, which can be removed by grooming, and cleaner crabs

Lifespan:

one swarm lasts 30 days before natural causes catches up, but they come off within 5 days of sucking, die and make 2 new swarms

Size:

one individual is about as large as a leech

One thing though, all these creatures don't spawn in easy islands

• Like 2

17 replies to this post

56 minutes ago, Lilytuft said:

I have a feeling that the cleaner crabs are gonna be my best friends. Maybe all these creatures wont spawn on easy islands?

good idea :)

ALSO 1 VIEW WTFrick, I put so much work into the art, concepts and the descriptions YET I GET NOTHING(essentially) you can tell I am very salty

1 hour ago, Fishyfishyfishy500 said:

good idea :)

ALSO 1 VIEW WTFrick, I put so much work into the art, concepts and the descriptions YET I GET NOTHING(essentially) you can tell I am very salty 

People will see this eventually :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Fishyfishyfishy500 said:

in what aspect do you mean? the shock? I can see that being op

Yes, 5 damage in a 5 tile radious is too much, but maybe there could be shock resistance

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fishyfishyfishy500 said:

thanks for cheering me up 😀

Also you know why I made the sea lice attack basically anything on sight?

Warning: not for those who are squeamish

Link

also my cousins get nipped by them

Yak! I'm glad that I don't live close to the sea...

well my cousins only get nipped a little bit, they are really more of nuisance than anything, but I over exaggerated it a little bit to make it a real threat, also for the sake of making it more dangerous, I gave it the clinging ability of the common sucking louse, so it's essentially a nigh irremovable annyoing insect-crustacean hybrid, however in nature, sea lice are more scavengers however, that's why I made them eat corpses too