Stray Fawn Community

A ramfox story!

thivid08

Before you read: I plan to post here more stories about the non nicheling creatures that inhabit the world of niche, writing from their point of view, so I would love to see what you think, so feel free to comment! Also if you want, you could try to re create part of the story in game!

It was a dark day on the mountains, some time ago, a balance bear had separated a pregnant nicheling from her tribe. She managed to gain some distance and hide behind a rock. The bear lost her tracks, but the snowstorm was cold and relentless. She built a nest in desperation, using some of the white flowers she had, and she curled up to endure the cold.

The next day, as the sun escalated the mountain, it revealed the frozen remains of the mother, and a snow white baby with grey ram horns sleeping by her side.

Suddenly, a three mysterious creatures  started rushing to their location. Three ramfoxes.- Well well well, what do we have here- Alpha, said. -Looks like lunch, lets feast!- Kevin exclaimed as he rushed to the baby, but Betty, the beta of the pack, stepped in front of him. -Wait- she whispered -Just look at him, does he not remind you of a baby ramfox?- Betty murmured in a sweet tone. -I do not care!- Kevin yelled as he lunged himself to the baby, sinking his teeth deep in its soft flesh... Or thats what he was thinking would happen. Instead, the baby just stared at him as he struggled to get a good bite in the nicheling's ultra hard body. - Don't you see it has armored body?- Alpha laughed. -Damn it, at least the mother does not have armor- Kevin insisted. -The mother is too cold to eat,- Betty replied. -Besides, if we can't eat the baby, why don't we keep him? We wont gain anything by just leaving him. -Have you gone mad!?- Kevin yelled. - How are we supposed to feed it? -Betty has a point- Alpha continued.- There are plenty of rabbils here, and one gives sufficient food for the four of us. Kevin started screaming. -DONT YOU SEE HE IS A NICHELING!!! Those greedy beasts invade our homes and steal our food! We have to always hide, and when we are so desperate that we are forced to eat their babies, they just kill us!- Betty kept her usual calm expression. -He wont become like the other nichelings if we raise him in the ways of the ramfox. He will grow as a ramfox and hunt with the pack, he would be a valuable hunter with his speed, and maybe he could even help us reason with the nichelings in the future.- Her words managed to really calm down kevin, and suddenly, he felt a warm touch in his tail. The baby hugged him firmly with a wide smile on his face. -Tata!- The baby smiled, forcing a smile on kevin's face too. -Yep, he fell for the baby already.- Betty whispered.

As the seasons passed, the baby nicheling, Tata, grew up strong and adventurous, hunting with the ramfoxes, he was a valuable member of the pack, and being widely accepted. Alpha and Betty had two sons, Rascal and Scout. Those two, along with their adoptive brother Tata, became great hunters, but they kept getting in trouble. Rascal was the clown of the group, always joking, while Scout tried to befriend basically every mountain dweller, which worried his parents, but Tata showed a great interest for the nicheling tribe established in the mountainside. One day, the three of them got too close to nicheling territory while chasing rabbils. When they were about to catch their prey, they heard a terrified call. -RAMFOXES! Protect the babies! RUN! Warriors, please save us!- The brothers realized that the nicheling's nest was close, as a proud brown nicheling stumbled down the snowy mountain with a menacing claw. -Guys, I think we should go.- Rascal said as the warrior walked closer. -I may not be able to take you on alone- the warrior said,- but my partners will come. Tata stepped between the nicheling and his brothers. -This is just a misunderstanding.- He said confidently.- We mean no harm. -Hah!- The warrior laughed. - What a joke! You helping these beasts!? Just come help me kill them.- He pushed Tata aside and raised his claw. The foxes stepped back, but he swiped with extreme speed! However Tata managed to shield them with his armored body, causing the claw to bounce off. -YOU BARBARIC IDIOT!- The warrior roared. -If you are with these beasts, then you will perish too! Come here Bertha!- As he called, a great beast surged from the snow. The most terrifying thing a ramfox could ever see. A hybrid, with white fur and blood red eyes, the legs and head of a bearyena, and the speed of a nicheling, clearly old and close to expiring, but still fearsome and agile, it started rushing toward them. -HAH!- Rascal yelled.- That thing cant get past Tata! - Actually...- Tata whispered.- I think we should run. -FUDGE!- Rascal screamed as they started running. The chase was desperate. They were fast, but the hybrid started getting closer and closer. -Follow me!- Scout said. - I know of a place where we will be safe!- They made a sharp turn and started running by the mountainside, but the hybrid climbed up. As they neared a humongous pile of snow, the creature surprised them from above and jumped in front of them, getting between them and the giant snow pile. Dusk was transforming into night, and the old hybrid made her move. Showing her razor sharp teeth, she let out a war cry and pounced to them with meteoric force! BUT THE MONSTROUS SNOW PILE BURSTED TO LIFE! A great paw knocked the hybrid out of the air, and the balance bear revealed itself! With the strength of the mountain the bear roared as it crushed the beast beneath the snow. The king of the mountain let out a victorious snarl, as he turned towards the brothers, Scout being the only one not paralyzed by fear. The bear just smiled. -Let me guess- Tata realized. -Its one of your friends.- Yep- Scout said with a satisfied smile. -Lets go home bros, and thanks Snowflake. -Youre WeLcOmE!- The bear growled.

• Like 4