Stray Fawn Community

nicheling burrows

annanassen1414

so i was thinking what if nichelings with around 4+ digging can dig burrows to protect baby nichelings from the blue bird and maby add a bit of camouflage. the burrrow takes 5 nesting material to build and will collapse after 7 *days and the nicheling inside will have to be dug out. every day the nicheling is inside the collapesed burrow they will take 1 day of damage, after 5 *days the burrow will begin to fall apart and you can fix it by using 2 nesting material.

Edit: I changed turns to days ( that's what i originaly ment)

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Paw up 1

10 replies to this post

I like the idea of digging being more useful of a trait overall.
Right now there's not really any reason to stack digging genes except to get more roots.
Having a safe nest from birds would be really cool.
Maybe high digging stat could also help you catch stagmoles hiding in their holes.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, ChasingNyx said:

Good idea, but what if it lasted longer? Just 7 turns seems too.. sad? If you have a big pack, you're just wasting a bunch of nesting material to keep it up for a baby to be in or something. Maybe it takes 10 nesting material and lasts for two days, before it begins to crumble after five turns on the third day, making an alert like, "A burrow is collasping!" and after 3 more turns it fully collaspes. And if you don't have a big pack, it just immediately collaspes on the end of the 3rd day.

I think that by "turns" they mean days

Good idea, but what if it lasted longer? Just 7 turns seems too.. sad? If you have a big pack, you're just wasting a bunch of nesting material to keep it up for a baby to be in or something. Maybe it takes 10 nesting material and lasts for two days, before it begins to crumble after five turns on the third day, making an alert like, "A burrow is collasping!" and after 3 more turns it fully collaspes. And if you don't have a big pack, it just immediately collaspes on the end of the 3rd day.
Edit: Oof they changed it
Okay
xD

• Haha 1