Stray Fawn Community

Affinities

Deathpelt

So I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool if certain creatures had affinities with each other in a pack? How it would work: 

There would be 5 different affinities. "hate" "dislike" "Neutral" "like" and "love"

Nichelings would automatically love their parents. 

Niches that breed together may up their affinities with each other. 

Two niches that have a high affinity for each other may have a better chance at procreating. 

Two niches with hate or dislike for each other have more issues procreating successfully. 

Niches gain affinity from the pack by hunting food, berry picking, and becoming alpha. 

A niche creature with "hate" affinity from multiple pack members may be automatically forced from the pack, though this would be a VERY RARE occurrence! And you can win back your member with 5 food like a wanderer, and their affinity would be reset!

Thats just my idea! I think it would help add on to the importance of collecting food, and also help give the game a sort of pack hierarchy aspect besides the alpha, beta, and omega roles. It would also be a good aspect to the Rping part of the game :3

• Like 5

8 replies to this post

Maybe this could be another thing that would be toggleable? That way players who just want to play the game like it is now can do that, but if someone wants to play with the affinities, they can. That way people who rush through the game can do that, but people who want to role-play with their creatures can have a new feature to use :D

• Like 2

This sounds interesting, though I'm not sure about the breeding thing since we've sort of already got that in game as the fertility genes, so having a secondary thing affect it might be too much. I do like the idea though, I'm not the greatest of storytellers so having something that adds to that aspect and helps with it could be rather neat.

• Like 3

The affinity could also be positively influenced by nicheling to nicheling interaction - I'd really love seeing my babies play, even if it "just happened" and wasn't animated. :) Playing would cost energy points like any other action, so it would only be to any use if the tribe's well off and there's energy left to waste. Affinity increase would also receive a boost if at least one of the playmates was a pre-teen (one gem). It'd be also really cool to be able to have affinity and play with friendly bearyenas; the better affinity, the more likely would the bearyena protect the tribe.

Even without playing, affinity's still such an awesome concept on its own; upvote! :)

• Like 1