Stray Fawn Community

Male and baby dodomingos ​🦃​

Lilytuft

Dodomingos.thumb.png.e4794424ed93d8935f1c5f396b912659.png

Click the image to make it less blurry!

Adult male:

I heard that dodomingos were originally supposed to be pink. So male dodomingos would be pink and have much larger tail feathers. Unlike female dodomingos, males would take over tree stumps. When they stand on a tree stump, they call to attract females. If they hear a female dodomingo or a chick calling, they will run to help it and attack any nicheling next to him. They drop 5 food and have the same lifespan as females.

Stats:

• 1 speed
  • 1 attack
  • 4 eyesight
  •  

Babies:

If a female dodomingo spends a night on a nest, she will lay 1-3 eggs. She will stay around the nest and sometimes sit on her eggs. You can eat the eggs (one food each) but if you do that, the female will scream to attract a male to help. You can't use a nest with dodomingo eggs or chicks in it. If you don't eat the eggs, they will hatch during next night. They appear as bald little birds and they scream for food, calling for their mom to feed them. You can feed them one food each to stop their annoying screaming. You can still eat them, but they only drop one food. They will scream loudly and attract their mom or a even male if you kill them. If they survive to next day, they grow to be a bit bigger and have brown feathers on them. Their behavior won't change, but you'll have to feed them again or they'll continue screaming. Their mom will still stay close by. If they survive to their fourth day, they will leave the nest and move around, usually following their mom. They are twise as big as they were. Females stay brown, but males turn pink. Male teens drop 2 food now. Their mom won't stick around. She will leave to find a new nest. Next day they are full grown adults and won't need her help anymore.

Edit: A lot of people didn't seem to like this, so it would be a toggleable feature.

• Like 12
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 2

25 replies to this post

I actually love this idea :D. It gives them an actual reason for wanting to sit in the nest. I would make it so only 1 male spawns at a time, and also make the eggs require at least 1 cracking to eat. Instead of making it togglable i would also shorten their lifespan so they werent as hard to kill

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fishyfishyfishy500 said:

why not? it will be fun to make a "coop" of dodomigoes and farm them for food

Sounds fun to me. It's not unheard of in the animal kingdom either (like how ants farm aphids). The main thing holding this back is how long it takes to kill a dodomingo lol.

• Like 3

If not toggleable they could be found only on hard/killer islands since the screaming might attract predators? 

17 hours ago, BirdsAreCool said:

I actually love this idea :D. It gives them an actual reason for wanting to sit in the nest. I would make it so only 1 male spawns at a time, and also make the eggs require at least 1 cracking to eat. Instead of making it togglable i would also shorten their lifespan so they werent as hard to kill

Also what @BirdsAreCool said: One rooster for the harem would be good, and shortening the lifespan would make it easier to deal with them. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dinocanid said:

Sounds fun to me. It's not unheard of in the animal kingdom either (like how ants farm aphids). The main thing holding this back is how long it takes to kill a dodomingo lol.

we'll eat the eggs, I mean Armored body creatures would probably be used to farm them the eggs, it would be best for a small-mid level tribe however

Interesting idea, though personally I'm not sure I really like it. It takes so long to kill dodomingos for little reward, having them get even more annoying by taking over nests for their own and attacking you if you try to eat their young...it feels like something that would get rather irritating than be an interesting thing to deal with once you'd experienced it once or twice.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Green the gene maker said:

going along with the coop idea, if we get island customizer like a lot of people want, we could use things like rocks, or maybe thorns to make an enclosed area, where a winged creature can fly in

Imagine using trees, rivers and rocks to make a "farm", and there is a permanent nest there too and a stump next to it :D

• Eek! 1