Stray Fawn Community

Pygmy nichelings, a rival subspecies( but a bit useful)

thivid08

Pygmy nichelings are like wandering nichelings with mostly black fur and cat eyes, but their main difference is that adults are the size of a big bodied teenage nicheling. They behave like wanderers, but their speed is increased by 2 points and their strength is decreased by 1. They have a chance of spawning in port tiles as a family on any island but they can be toggled on and off, and they will breed with each other and are capable of building nests to have their babies, but you can steal those nests if you want. They compete with you for food and are behave a lot like adam's family on home island, but a bit more fierce, as they will try to attack your babies even if you have not attacked them. Their default appearance is black, with pygmy body which looks like normal body but small, antlers and sometimes no horns, long snout, normal hind legs, medium or swimming tail and double runner legs or double velvet paws, but they can have any paw except wings, bearyena paw, or mammoth foot. Their appearance can vary a bit depending on the island, but they always have cat eyes.

There are benefits to them, for example, you can make them extinct on an island if you kill the entire population, also, predators treat them like normal nichelings, so they can be a great distraction. Also, because they are a subspecies, you can breed with them. they are really attached to their family, so to get one in your pack you can only invite a baby in the nest, the baby will join your pack and you could control it, by breeding with it, you could get these Exclusive genes:

Cat eyes: + 3 eyesight

Pygmy body: All the benefits of normal body but with 2 speed and 0 strength

black fur

P immunity: An exclusive immunity( maybe lets you invite adult pygmys into the pack but likely not)

Finally, there could possibly be a rare variation of these that acts like a rogue female, it breeds with your males and the baby joins their pack, this not only means that you could have a hybrid between the two subspecies against you, but it could also create some awesome stories of forbidden love and also traitors (one step closer to warrior cats)

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Paw up 1
  • Love 5

12 replies to this post

I really like this idea overall and think that having this subspecies would add a lot to the game.😊

Although I don't really know how I feel about the rogue females, I feel like there would need to be a reason for  the newborn to be born into your tribe; such as a food shortage or the mother abandoning the child as sad as that would be. With rogue males they move to the point where you loose them on an uncovered map, and so with the female I feel as if the nicheling would be born and attacked by a bird before I could get to it; unless, the rogue female nested in the nearest available nest. I feel as if you should have to invite them, the baby, into the tribe instead of them automatically adding it.

This idea could work! I just feel as though with any rogue situation it is going to be annoying and have some thought processes to go through. 😊

• Like 1

On 6/26/2018 at 12:14 AM, Cami said:

I really like this idea overall and think that having this subspecies would add a lot to the game.😊

Although I don't really know how I feel about the rogue females, I feel like there would need to be a reason for  the newborn to be born into your tribe; such as a food shortage or the mother abandoning the child as sad as that would be. With rogue males they move to the point where you loose them on an uncovered map, and so with the female I feel as if the nicheling would be born and attacked by a bird before I could get to it; unless, the rogue female nested in the nearest available nest. I feel as if you should have to invite them, the baby, into the tribe instead of them automatically adding it.

This idea could work! I just feel as though with any rogue situation it is going to be annoying and have some thought processes to go through. 😊

The babies of the rogue female dont join your tribe, they join the pygmy tribe unless you invite them while they are babies. They can become a problem if you are at war with the pygmys because if the female breeds with one of your strongest ones the baby could absolutely destroy you.

• Paw up 1

On 7/6/2018 at 6:39 AM, ChasingNyx said:

If we get this, could you toggle it?
But, upvoted because it's cool!

Same, haha. I would definitely like the ability to toggle this feature but I think it's a great and well-thought-out idea!

• Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 11:50 AM, orinz said:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET TRIBAL WAR YAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

. . . how hyper was I back in the days?

• Haha 1

This is actually a really good and well thought out idea. I guess it will probably not make it into the game since there's been many updates since it was suggested, but I'm up-voting it anyways.