Stray Fawn Community

Idea for a new biome (Or four): Forest biome!

Snowystar32

I actually put this in a huge mega-post but someone told me that I should do it separately 

New Forest Biome features:

-There will be several different kinds of forests:

-Beech:

-Tall beech trees, Some trees will have honeydew, occasionally there will be a huge bounty of beechnuts that lasts for 4 days.

-Survival is hard as berries and other things only spawn in occasional clearings, ferns spawn, which can give you nesting material and regrow in 3 days.

-Small mice skitter on the forest floor and provide 1 food each.

-The trees have 4 nesting spots near the top.

-Bearyenas spawn.

-New Zealand:

-Covered in plants everywhere, plenty of berries and other plants that provide food.

-No predators spawn except for birds:

New predators/prey for this biome(that suit it);

-Falcon:Attacks your babies. Weaker than Bluebirds, drops 2 meat.

-Lizara: A large green lizard thing that attacks your babies(Takes multiple hits to kill young, you get a notifcation when it attacks) drops 4 food.

-Giant Stoat: Attacks everything it finds, drops 10 meat. Is a giant stoat that's fast and strong.

-Fish spawn in ocean, razorinahs don't spawn, instead, clownkoi spawn.

-Sealion: A weird combo of a seal, a sea lion and a lion, looks like a giant seal with a mane, drops 20 food.

-Wings appear a lot in this biome

-There are tree ferns, several fruit-producing trees and ferns instead of grass.

-There are large podcarps like rimu and totara that have 3 seperate branches for you to nest on.

-It's relativeley rare.

-There are beaches with water.

Pine/Spruce:

A generic pine or spruce forest with mountain predators and pine nuts.

Oak:

A bunch of oak trees.

Mixed:

-A mixed forest with all trees except beech, has a new kind of tree that produces food: Maple.

-Has your generic grasslands predators.

Falcon.png

• Like 5

I love forest ideas. I wouldn't want to detract from anyones, so wont post mine separately, but here and see what the OP thinks. I rather think the more forests the better! The more biomes and islands the better even... with infinate possibilites although not sure there'd ever be as many as 100 island options to choose from but if there were... x:

Small Woodlands (Easy Island) is a island larger than Tiny Island, but still smaller than most islands. It has oak trees only. Due to its small size it does not have any lakes, rivers, or ponds. It does not have many if any berry bushes as there are so many oak trees to gather nuts from. There are rabbils that spawn whether or not there are any berry bushes around, but there is clover they can eat from on the forest floor. (And maybe some other new prey animal - https://strayfawnstudio.com/community/index.php?/topic/4768-new-prey-squig/ )

Forest of Peace (Medium Island) - This is perhaps the size of the Peaceful Meadow, but it has many more trees. It has a few oak trees, but it also has other trees (if new ones are implemented). It has a variety of maple trees each one a different color - red maple leaf, yellow maple leaf, orange maple leaf, green maple leaf. Those with bird beaks can pick up the seeds which fall from the maples. There are also flowers (https://strayfawnstudio.com/community/index.php?/topic/2159-flower-tiles%E2%80%8B%F0%9F%8C%BA/ )  on the grassland tiles on the forest floor. A river or lake can spawn here due to its size. Nothing toxic can be found here. But mushrooms ( https://strayfawnstudio.com/community/index.php?/topic/2822-mushrooms-🍄/ ) may be found here.

Forest of Tears (Hard Island) - Here the forest of tears can spawn a small swamp area or two. The predator spawn rates are higher. The forest here is filled more with weeping willows than any other tree. Due to the swampy area prey like the Nuybara ( https://strayfawnstudio.com/community/index.php?/topic/4756-new-swamp-prey-nuybara/ ) could spawn if introduced. And as rivers, lakes, ponds can spawn here a dangerous water based prey can maybe be found if introduced known as the Squieel ( https://strayfawnstudio.com/community/index.php?/topic/4741-food-source-squieel/ ). If any berry bushes spawn here they're more likely to be poison berries and if mushrooms are introduced they'd be mostly toxic here. 

Forest of Fears (Killer Island) - Manchineel trees. Every part of the plant is poisonous. Possibly a new predator spawns from them that are as difficult as the Killer Bearyena or the Jungle Apes. Possibly also immune to poison since they probably eat the fruit from their Manchineel trees. This island also has lightning. Lightning can strike a nichling and take several days off their life span as well as stun them so they have zero to one movement for a few days afterward. If lightning hits a tree the tree is charred, or only a sapling and for 20 days and no one is able to gather from it as it slowly regrows. Anyone around a Manchineel tree within one or two tiles of it when its struck by lightning and starts smoking will have temporary blindness for 3 to 6 days and/or be poisoned by the toxic fumes, and/or be temporarily blind for 3 to 6 days.

• Like 5

On 7/3/2018 at 11:45 AM, BlazingCorvid said:

I love all of these new ideas and really want to have a forest biome with lots of different plants! I like the idea for your beech forest that would give the beeches purpose in-game other than for perching on.

There is a beech tree?!?!? What does it look like?

On 7/14/2018 at 4:03 PM, Fishyfishyfishy500 said:

AMAZING, also what if a pythadillo lizard managed to drift to the island or something? what effect would it have? would it kill everything?

also the Burrowing owlparrot is also based  of the KAKAPO you should put it here

Kewl,  Also that would be interesting.

I'd love to see a pythadillo vs giant stoat battle now.

• Like 1

one thing though, the Pythadillo lizard automatically curls up and gains HIGH defense after being attacked, it can also strike and coil around an attacker to suffocate it, and if the stoat tried to grab it, it would be met with a mouthful of sharp, armored scales

On 7/30/2018 at 1:15 AM, Fishyfishyfishy500 said:

one thing though, the Pythadillo lizard automatically curls up and gains HIGH defense after being attacked, it can also strike and coil around an attacker to suffocate it, and if the stoat tried to grab it, it would be met with a mouthful of sharp, armored scales

Stoats are deamons tho.

• Like 1