Stray Fawn Community

Carroots

Stagmole

I would love to see carrots in niche, so I made this. Carroot is like a carrot but purple. (Because carrots used to be purple.)

Carroots would grow in random places on grassland islands.

You would need digging ability to collect them.

They would grow like this:

1st day: Just top of the carroot is shown (You can collect it, but you get just 1 nesting material) -> 2nd day: Carroot is ready to be picked up! It gives 3 food and 1 nesting material. There's a hole for a new carroot. New one starts to grow when its raining.

Adult animals can hold carroots in their mouths and put them down. When they put them on different places, more carroots will grow around them. They can't put them in their growing hole again. If you pick carroot in its first day (when it isn't ready) it will never grow up (gives just 1 nesting material). 

I haven't decided, which snouts could pick carroots. Any ideas?

Facts/ideas about it:

•Rabbils like them

•You can stand on them without breaking them

•Roots appear under it after harvesting them

Do you have any ideas? Should something be different? I'll add some of the good ideas of yours to the Facts/ideas.

Thanks to:

Fishyfishyfishy500 for the re-plasing and planting new carroots - idea.

Thanks to Dazenith for the idea, that you would need digging ability to collect carroots.

• Like 6

7 replies to this post

I had to upvote because carrots are my favourite vegetable.

But in all seriousness having a vegetable food source would be a nice alternative that I don't believe has been added yet.

Edit: Oh yeah and instead of adding a new ability for "Picking" I would think harvesting Carroots would use Digging.

Edited by Dazenith
Adding a suggestion
  • Like 2

maybe you can pick them up and drop them in different places so that you can make a cluster of them? this would great for farming because you could for example move them to an area where the bunnies have difficulty getting to them, like a cluster of rocks or a small island in the middle of nowhere

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Fishyfishyfishy500 said:

maybe you can pick them up and drop them in different places so that you can make a cluster of them? this would great for farming because you could for example move them to an area where the bunnies have difficulty getting to them, like a cluster of rocks or a small island in the middle of nowhere

10 hours ago, Stagmole said:

Good idea, and it would make sense, but I'm just not sure how it will work with Niche... But maybe this can fit if Niche will have more this kind of elements like scruff carrying... :) I think it could maybe be like this:

Baby animals can't pick it and drop it. Just adult animals can. And if you pick it when it's not fullgrown, it would never grow up. And you can't place the carrot back to its growing hole.

It would be fun to see nicheling holding carrot in its mouth. Especially with bearyena snout. XD Maybe just some snouts would have the picking ability? 

But what would be the point of it? Yeah, maybe it could be used for role-playing purposes like making a food pile, but at a survival standpoint, it doesn't do anything---you might as well put it in the food stores so your creatures can eat it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fishyfishyfishy500 said:

Good idea, and it would make sense, but I'm just not sure how it will work with Niche... But maybe this can fit if Niche will have more this kind of elements like scruff carrying... :) I think it could maybe be like this:

Baby animals can't pick it and drop it. Just adult animals can. And if you pick it when it's not fullgrown, it would never grow up. And you can't place the carrot back to its growing hole.

It would be fun to see nicheling holding carrot in its mouth. Especially with bearyena snout. XD Maybe just some snouts would have the picking ability? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

But what would be the point of it? Yeah, maybe it could be used for role-playing purposes like making a food pile, but at a survival standpoint, it doesn't do anything---you might as well put it in the food stores so your creatures can eat it.

no they will replant the caroots so that you can farm them far away from any bunnies or carrot thieves

• Like 3