Stray Fawn Community

Structures

Heaven

I think there should be a way to build different kind of structures. Like grass huts which would require a bunch of nesting material. And there could be other types of structures as well. Grass walls, grass huts, burrows, grass and stick towers, and whatever else you could come up with. Oh and here is an example of everything I listed could do:

Grass walls: Makes it take extra long for predators to find your nichelings.

Grass huts: Can place multiple nests (3) in the grass huts. And can protect newborns from blue birds.

Burrows: Nichelings can hide in a burrow when a predator is nearby, if your in a burrow you cannot be seen. But only one nicheling per burrow.

Towers: Basically for winged nichelings, or for nichelings to lookout, oh and with the new call feature or whatever it's called (I have bad memory) can be used.

17 replies to this post

I don't see this being a thing in Niche. Doesn't fit the way I see Niche. I can't imagine nichelings building human-like strucktures. More like a Spore thing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fishyfishyfishy500 said:

niche is based off spore somewhat, and nichelings are at least somewhat smart because they can tame animals, which honestly only humans can do

Niche is more the "creature stage" not "tribal stage"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

Burrows could be cool, since real life animals actually make them, but I disagree that walls and huts etc. should be added.

yup, because the nichelings have literal mole claws, and it would give you a way to avoid the FIRE besides running also maybe dams or lodges woud be possible with swimming tail, giving non aquatic creatures another way to cross water

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fishyfishyfishy500 said:

yup, because the nichelings have literal mole claws, and it would give you a way to avoid the FIRE besides running also maybe dams or lodges woud be possible with swimming tail, giving non aquatic creatures another way to cross water

I am not sure how well burrows would work against fire considering the smoke could still get in and or the heat would still be an issue as well, you'd be somewhat cooked alife if the burrow wasn't deep and or had air venting... at least that's how imagine it

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jojo said:

I am not sure how well burrows would work against fire considering the smoke could still get in and or the heat would still be an issue as well, you'd be somewhat cooked alife if the burrow wasn't deep and or had air venting... at least that's how imagine it

also I read many scientific books on plants and apparently the heat dissipates a few CENTIMETERS underground, so burrows will be a better defense than fleeing and most animals with decent burrow structure don't flee from the burrow when a bush fire passes

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fishyfishyfishy500 said:

also I read many scientific books on plants and apparently the heat dissipates a few CENTIMETERS underground, so burrows will be a better defense than fleeing plus prey animals don't flee from the burrow when a bush fire passes

Nice, so I guess if the burrow is deep enough even the smoke is not an issue :D

• Like 1

On 7/6/2018 at 6:56 PM, ChasingNyx said:

For a second I thought this was accidentally put here by a Nimbatus person.. xD (Btw I have no clue what the Nimbatus game is...)
But, I like the burrowing idea, but the rest is unrealistic for niche I believe.

how about beaver dams? they could be used to hunt fish easier

18 hours ago, Fishyfishyfishy500 said:

how about beaver dams? they could be used to hunt fish easier

Well sure, but where would nichelings get that idea? There aren't any beavers, and I do love my nichelings but I believe they don't have that kind of mental engineering. (cant spell.)

I don't know about structures, but it makes sense to me that certain mutations / adaptations have an effect on how / where animals nest. While as per always exceptions exist, it's not very logical to nest on the ground when you can fly. Or breed on land when you spend all your life in the water. Additional nest options could reflect this and in that sense the suggestion could work for me.

• Like 1