Stray Fawn Community

Armored Head

MysticTopaz

Since we have Armored Body and Hammer Tail, I figured it would be pretty neat to have an Armored Head. It could easily be based off of the ankylosaurus or any kind of ceratopsian- I'd personally prefer ceratopsian simply because their shields are impressive-looking, but ankylosaurus heads are just as effective while being cuter so I won't turn them down. Now, I hear what you're saying: "Put MysticTopaz, ceratopsians' shields were more for looks than anything!" And yes, that is true, but imagine if they were reinforced and actually were viable shields- that'd be awesome!

As for stats, I figure it could give at least a +1 in defense, but I'd prefer a +2. And a regular sense of smell.

This would be a perfect addition to the ice genes, btw, just in case everyone was wondering where/how we'd get an armored head ;) 

.::EDIT::.

Thanks to Pokestardragacraft for the addition of this idea: instead of Ankylosaurus or a ceratopsian type of head, the head could be that of a Pachycephalosaurus, adding +1 strength +1 defense and +1 smelling. Meanwhile, the Ankylosaurus would be +2 defense +2 smelling, and the ceratopsian head, if we're going off of legitimate history, would probably be better suited as a +1 intimidation +1 attractiveness +1 smelling rather than having any defense stats.

Pachycephalosaurus

https://goo.gl/images/wrJDTV

Ankylosaurus

https://goo.gl/images/FGTUdx

Protoceratops [I chose this instead of any other ceratopsian because it doesn't have horns, since this is a head build and horns are separate in the game]

https://goo.gl/images/T8ficF

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 replies to this post

Like these? (sorry if they're blurry)

I had the horn gene on the triceratops head be in the spot where the large horns would be, but perhaps it would either always look like triceratops horns, or always act like it has horns, with a nicheling having no horns just showing regular triceratops hons.

IMG_0526.JPG

IMG_0525.JPG

Interesting idea! When I first read it, I was expecting it to be based off of the Pachycephalosaurus dome head. It could have +1 strength, +1 defense, and +1 smelling since it is theorized their heads were adapted to have thick skulls due to head butting with each other.

11 minutes ago, Pokestardragacraft said:

Interesting idea! When I first read it, I was expecting it to be based off of the Pachycephalosaurus dome head. It could have +1 strength, +1 defense, and +1 smelling since it is theorized their heads were adapted to have think skulls due to heat butting with each other.

Ooohhh why didn't I think of that?! That'd be perfect! Although Ankylosaurus is still cuter ;3 But I could never say no to the option of +1 strength +1 defense and +1 smelling as opposed to the Ankylosaurus +2 defense +2 smelling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leaellynasaura said:

Like these? (sorry if they're blurry)

I had the horn gene on the triceratops head be in the spot where the large horns would be, but perhaps it would either always look like triceratops horns, or always act like it has horns, with a nicheling having no horns just showing regular triceratops hons.

IMG_0526.JPG

IMG_0525.JPG

These are pretty good, though thanks to the comment left by Pokestardragacraft I'm going to make an edit to the original post to include Pachycephalosaurus and some picture examples, so take a look at the Pachycephalosaurus cuz that's a really great idea that I hadn't thought of!

11 hours ago, orangesunrise said:

This is an interesting idea. If this gets implemented, possibly the head could give immunity to getting stunned by coconuts.

That's genius!! At least for the Pachycephalosaurus; it looks like it could tank a hit from a coconut no problem! ❤️ 

On 6/30/2018 at 7:06 AM, Fishyfishyfishy500 said:

one thing though, I was going in the files and commands of niche, then I found TRCERATOPS SHIELD as a gene(PS it doesn't function)

Yeah, a triceratops head is a gene in the console, but it doesn't do anything. So it seems like something like this was planned at some point and didn't make it into the game (whether it was for attack or defense, I don't know).

• Like 1