Stray Fawn Community

Perhaps a Desert Update?

MysticMaiden

Hello there! 

So I know it is a big ask, believe me, but I do notice you have a LOT of biomes and I especially notice the cacti in the dry grassland areas of the game. I was curious as cacti are found in deserts and it got me thinking: what about a new biome with new traits to compliment it. With the new birds update, it made me think. We have mammals covered on all bases, we now have bird parts to play around with, so why not add reptiles with the new desert biome? I believe it would be really cool as we could have scale-bodied creatures with a higher defense, or creatures with lizard faces that would help in the desert area, or even a crocodile evolution trait. The posibilities are endless and I think it would be an amazing idea, but again it is a big ask and/or task, so my hopes are not high. I love the game though, and hope to see many awesome new things!

Mystic

• Like 4

8 replies to this post

I love this idea! maybe we could have an island where its just sand and rocks, no grass or trees. there would be snakes with legs and beetles, along with no bearyeanas since its too hot for them. it would be a killer island since the only food scource is cacti meat and fish.

• Like 3

I honestly thought of something else that could go with this: Termite mounds. Especially in savannah as a food source! And maybe an ant-eater head to work like nimble fingers on bushes. Like I said the ideas for this are everywhere! And it would give a reason to eat insects in the game, which is one source of food not covered. I love the idea for beetles btw! Like dung beetles! And I love the idea of snakes as well, maybe they could be cobras, and maybe it could give access to a hood gene of some kind to scare away predators! Could be like meerkats too and dig for millipedes. And what would be really rare is an oasis island! 

Also, apologies I had not realized someone else had the same idea points for reptile add-ons, but it does add the point that this is a possibility and it would be pretty cool!

Edited by MysticMaiden
Addition to text
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, MysticMaiden said:

I honestly thought of something else that could go with this: Termite mounds. Especially in savannah as a food source! And maybe an ant-eater head to work like nimble fingers on bushes. Like I said the ideas for this are everywhere! And it would give a reason to eat insects in the game, which is one source of food not covered. I love the idea for beetles btw! Like dung beetles! And I love the idea of snakes as well, maybe they could be cobras, and maybe it could give access to a hood gene of some kind to scare away predators! Could be like meerkats too and dig for millipedes. And what would be really rare is an oasis island! 

Also, apologies I had not realized someone else had the same idea points for reptile add-ons, but it does add the point that this is a possibility and it would be pretty cool!

millipedes and beetles, sound cruchy also snakes and I also have a concept for the hood gene:

Hood(like a cobra, with no fangs though)

+ distasteful appearance

+ hypnosis(hypnotizes prey to come closer, parasites stay away and makes predators do 2 less damage in a 3 tile radius)

+3 smelling

+1 heat resistance(maybe)

+ disables ear genes

unlock conditions: spend time in Savannah(25 days)

ps I made an insectivore trait with beaks and stuff

• Like 1

I gotta admit that sounds really sweet... Ooooo what about a gecko tail? Like a leopard gecko, they store fat in their tails so they won't starve when food is scarce if they have been properly fed for a while.

Also this brings up another point: Desert animals are mostly nocturnal. Could see the rise of an actual night cycle while in this biome? If so, nightvision becomes an adaptation, and so does a couple other ideas like lightning bug bums or cricket songs, which again I think is pretty neat... Anyone else?

Also tiny add-on for cobra head, we get a ranged attack with spraying venom to blind enemies. Because this is a thing with certain cobra species. I mean it would help out since all attacks are physical, so this would add some real advantage to this.

Edited by MysticMaiden
Addition to text
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, MysticMaiden said:

Also tiny add-on for cobra head, we get a ranged attack with spraying venom to blind enemies. Because this is a thing with certain cobra species. I mean it would help out since all attacks are physical, so this would add some real advantage to this.

I kinda made a spitting head here, although it paralyzes the enemies instead of blinding them.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 11:47 AM, Leaellynasaura said:

I kinda made a spitting head here, although it paralyzes the enemies instead of blinding them.

Oh gee, sorry. I feel bad when someone else has the same idea and has posted it already :/ But I will say this, it means there is a community in which wants this to be a thing, and I think it's great to have similar ideas! Let's both hope our voices are heard! :)