Stray Fawn Community

Bearyena's

Snowy Owl

I am currently in the sleepy reeds swamp, and up until a few in game days the bearyena's seem to run away from my toxic bodied and poison fanged creatures. 

but now they attack them iv'e had it happen two times now, are they supposed to do that and have i been lucky until now? or is it a bug?

Edit: not a bug but still funny, i have 2 bearyena attacking each other,

Edit: one attacked one of my teen nichelings died the next day and the one who lives ran away from us 

• 4 weeks later...

Bearyenas leave your animals with Distasteful Appearance alone UNLESS they are super hungry.
They have internal stats for hunger and other motivations like fear, etc.
I really need to make a feature request to add a new feature that makes these states visible when playing. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Philo said:

Bearyenas leave your animals with Distasteful Appearance alone UNLESS they are super hungry.
I really need to make a feature request to add a new feature that makes these states visible when playing. 

Ah! This would work well with this post I made:

https://strayfawnstudio.com/community/index.php?/topic/2504-health-bars-expanded-entity-display/

• Like 4

On 7/26/2018 at 4:36 AM, Philo said:

Philo
explain this
I must knoooooooooow

@ChasingNyx
Well, each wild animal (Wild Nichelings, Ram Foxes, Bearyenas,...) have motivations.
A motivation can be fear, hunger, longing for companionship etc.
The computer calculates which motivation is how high and the animal then executes the fitting behaviour.
Bearyenas don't attack poisonous animals, animals with spiky body or animals with distateful apprerance UNLESS they haven't eaten in a long time and therefore are very hungry. In this case, they ignore everything and just attack you anyways.
But there is no way to tell in the if a Bearyena is super hungry or not which is a shame ^^

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Philo said:

@ChasingNyx
Well, each wild animal (Wild Nichelings, Ram Foxes, Bearyenas,...) have motivations.
The computer calculates which motivation is how high and the animal then executes the fitting behaviour.
Bearyenas don't attack poisonous animals, animals with spiky body or animals with distateful apprerance UNLESS they haven't eaten in a long time and therefore are very hungry. In this case, they ignore everything and just attack you anyways.
But there is no way to tell in the if a Bearyena is super hungry or not which is a shame ^^

Wouldn't it be cool when a hungry bearyena kills one of your Nichelings it stays on the skeleton for a day to show that it 'eats' it?

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Philo said:

@ChasingNyx

:o
What if
They actually had like if you clicked on them a status effect like
An exclamation mark on a scared Bearyena and if you click on it, it says "This Bearyena seems scared"
Or a like meat symbol and it says "This Bearyena seems skinny"
Or something?!
Idk I think thatd be cool!

• Like 1