Stray Fawn Community

Butterfly Body

MysticTopaz

Okay, I know what you're thinking, but I have a very good reason for not putting on a head, tail, or coloring the legs: I wanted the full focus to be on the body! XD

1843692470_ButterflyBody.png.e8dd425c7580c6ea22db9f566a21ec72.png

You will most definitely still have a tail and head and colored limbs, I just wanted to focus on the body.

Speaking of the body, though, let me first focus on the actual main body then I'll get to the wings: The body is broken up into three sections. The top section of the body is very fluffy and puffy, similar to that of the Big Body, and takes on the dominant fur color. The middle section is smooth and takes on the recessive fur color. The bottom section is also smooth but matches the top section in taking on the dominant fur color. The middle and bottom sections are supposed to be round/cylindrical like a butterfly's body; I did my best to get that kind of impression. The middle section is where the top wings connect, and the bottom section is where the bottom wings connect, though since they're butterfly wings they look like it's all one big wing, so I guess it doesn't really matter when it comes to actually making the models for the game. XD

Now for the wings attached to the body: Butterfly wings can vary from bottom [facing toward you] to top [when you view them from the back], so as a result I decided to draw three different types of butterfly wing. All of them offer +4 flying and you can fly with this body, but no swooping. Having two bird wings instead would get you a lot farther a lot faster, of course, but flying for this body is more or less a background ability; it's what you'll see below that's the real stars of the show.

Type 1 [at the top with the gradient]: +1 attractiveness, +1 distasteful appearance, +1 poisonous [when being attacked]

Type 2 [bottom left green one]: +2 camouflage +1 attractiveness

Type 3 [bottom right yellow one]: +2 intimidate +1 distasteful appearance

.::EDIT::.

I figured it would be best to show a full body complete nicheling with this body as an example, so below I will do just that!

Type 1:

1323278431_ButterflyBodyType1.png.8c5bbfc4915afc9a0fcdb23644f8232e.png

Type 2:

1627284264_ButterflyBodyType2.png.822b8dabfc5839b6655c529b4f862929.png

Type 3:

304268370_ButterflyBodyType3.png.3fe62cc07baa8bd5def073a3bce59991.png

.::EDIT2::.

I had the idea to draw out variations of the wings, so here we go! I included as many fur colors, horn colors, and eye colors as I could to make these Type 1 Variations! But first, a little info:

The body's midsection is the recessive fur color, and the top and bottom are the dominant fur color.

The wing's outline is the same as the horn color.

The wing's semi-transparent gradient goes like this: The color closest to the body is the recessive eye color and the color closest to the tip of the wing is the dominant eye color. I replaced Violet with Pink because I like it better that way. Besides, pink stands out more.

The wing's spots go like this: The big spots are the complimentary color to the dominant eye color [example: Blue-Orange, pink-yellow], and the little spots are the complimentary color to the recessive eye color.

Now on to the wings!!

Just the wings by themselves:

1867196971_ButterflyWingsType1Group1.jpg.b95ad8afef733919a1fe6620de2183fb.jpg

The wings with the body outlines: [because I've been told these are easier to see]

2033374115_ButterflyWingsType1Group2.jpg.9c16393caa8d7f727b92a1d0aa7ee05b.jpg

The full examples of wing variants with colored bodies:

810024032_ButterflyWingsType1Group3.png.f7151429551d5d1caf4c2237b281d5b4.png

And for flavor, here we have an example of an Albino and a Melanistic nicheling:

464455833_ButterflyWingsType1AlbinoMelanistic.png.365500de276b3a8e63e10ee2273d0b24.png

• Like 17
  • Haha 1
  • Love 4

1 minute ago, DogCatCowPig said:

i think my favorite is the type 1 with orange and green with a white outline. what are they all holding tho? berries?

I like that one too; it reminds me of an irish flag, kinda XD And yes, berries! ❤️ 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DogCatCowPig said:

the one with its paws outstretched and a berry in its mouth is very cute.

I like to think that it's darting away from the grey-winged orange-eyed one, like they're playing tag or it playfully stole a berry XD

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MysticTopaz said:

Thank you! ❤️ Which one is your favorite?

The white one. It just reminds me of some sort of a crystal. The albino and melanism ones are cool too

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Niche fan said:

Dang Mystic they are beautiful. never disappointed. Really really amazing. I don't usually say dang but didn't want to swear lol.

Awww, thank you so much!! ❤️ It really means a lot to hear that; the new picture(s) took days to finish but it's so worth it XD

On 6/26/2018 at 2:31 PM, MysticTopaz said:

The body's midsection is the recessive fur color, and the top and bottom are the dominant fur color.

The wing's outline is the same as the horn color.

The wing's semi-transparent gradient goes like this: The color closest to the body is the recessive eye color and the color closest to the tip of the wing is the dominant eye color. I replaced Violet with Pink because I like it better that way. Besides, pink stands out more.

The wing's spots go like this: The big spots are the complimentary color to the dominant eye color [example: Blue-Orange, pink-yellow], and the little spots are the complimentary color to the recessive eye color.

@ChasingNyx

• Thanks 1

I love the new pictures and the thought out way for the colors! My favorite is between the white one and the gray one. Also since melanism doesn’t disable eye color, would that affect anything?

Edit:

Wasn’t sure, but I just checked and melanism doesn’t disable horn color either.

41 minutes ago, Pokestardragacraft said:

I love the new pictures and the thought out way for the colors! My favorite is between the white one and the gray one. Also since melanism doesn’t disable eye color, would that affect anything?

Oh, it doesn't? OAO Uh-oh! I thought that it always made the eyes black! Shoot, I dun goofed! -facedesk- oh well, the picture's already there XD If it doesn't disable eye color, then the gradient and spots would be the colors of the eyes just like all the other wings.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, bostonlobstah said:

I was so inspired I did my own drawing of my ideal Nicheling fairy :) I hope you don’t mind. Also, I followed your guideline for the wing colors. Did I get it right?? (Most of the orangish color is actually pink)

Oh my gosh!! That is SO AWESOME!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ You're a fantastic artist!! It's so beautiful, and it looks perfect to me!! :D I wish I could draw like you! What do you use to make art?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bostonlobstah said:

I followed your guideline for the wing colors. Did I get it right??

Just one pointer, if you are okay with me saying: If your nicheling's eyes are blue, that means the blue is dominant, and so the blue on the wings would be closer to the tip of the wing, while the pink would be closer to the body- like the pink and blue one in the pictures I put in the description ^u^ The way the wings are, as you have them in the picture, would signal that your nicheling's dominant eye color is violet. But your drawing is still super beautiful and I think you did an awesome job!

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2018 at 11:52 PM, MysticTopaz said:

Oh my gosh!! That is SO AWESOME!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ You're a fantastic artist!! It's so beautiful, and it looks perfect to me!! :D I wish I could draw like you! What do you use to make art?

Thank you so much! I usually just do it on my wacom tablet but it isn't set up right now. So I used good old fashioned paper :) Also not much of a professional so this drawing was done with sharpie and regular markers and colored pencils :)