Stray Fawn Community

A Literal Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Sky

I wanted a creature that has sheep wool, so what better combination of animals than Wolf + Sheep? This creature has no name yet, so please suggest some :D (I'll call it a Wolf-Sheep for now)

Appearance: Wolf snout, sheep eyes but on front of face, sheep ears, sheep wool (body), wolf tail, front legs have paws, back have hooves. Regular version has a gray color palette, while Arctic versions are white.

15301156429511246023115.thumb.jpg.753f257a4c02be27513285d4bd3b4e59.jpg

1530115688845840758877.thumb.jpg.36e311ff48f1926f5a48a73ff9cbee7f.jpg

Behavior: Spawns in groups of 3-5, and very rarely in groups of 2 or less.  Attacks on sight, but if in groups of 2 or less, they will flee. Eats/attacks Rabbils, Bearyenas (If it's in a group of 2 or less, it will only attack babies/teens), Rogue Males, wanderers, Arctic Ramfoxes, Balance Bears (Only if it's in a group of 5) (maybe?), and your very own creatures. If there's 2 or less of them, they will only attack Rabbils and Baby Nichelings (including wanderer ones!). I'm not sure if they would move every turn you make (like Rabbils) or when the day passes (like Bearyenas).

Habitats/Islands they live on:.

Normal Version: Peaceful Meadow(?), Grass Adventure, First Snow, Grass Mingle, Summer Mountains, Deadly Hills

Arctic Version: First Snow, Summer Mountains, Long Winter, Frost Lands

Stats:

2 Speed

2 Attack

3 Smelling

2 Hearing

2 Sight

3 Cold Resistance

Lifespan: 20 Days

Drops: 15 Food

Possible feature for this creature: Hybridization! Occasionally, in a pack of 2 or more Wolf-Sheep, a pup/lamb (plamb? Lup?) will spawn with them. If all of its pack members are killed off, the baby can be invited into the tribe like a baby Bearyena. Once the Wolf-Sheep grows up, they can be bred with (they're always male). The Wolf-Sheep would act like a Friendly Bearyena in terms of breeding. However, the Friendly Wolf-Sheep would stay close to the tribe, and if a female breeds with him, he will follow her (if a different female breeds with him afterwards, he will follow her instead) (If his mate dies, he'll go back to simply staying close to the tribe). If bred with, the following genes can be obtained (all unlocked in mutation menu by inviting a creature with it active into your tribe):

Woolly Body:

+2 Cold Resistance

-2 Heat Resistance

+2 Defense

Woolly Body would look, well, woolly. It insulates pretty well, so it's good against the cold, and since there's so much wool in between an attacker and the skin, it would somewhat protect the creature from attacks.

1530115264865855268254.thumb.jpg.129c44682617ef73584005b3afc1d26e.jpg

Wolf-Sheep Paw:

+either 1 or 2 Speed

20180627_105359.thumb.jpg.1b98fb5c999eef33b224432444a2d26e.jpg

Wolf-Sheep Hind-legs/Hooves:

+2 Speed

+1 Swimming

+1 Strength20180627_105344.thumb.jpg.5a9dc6c4b65b4de44e2ba1133220b7a2.jpg

Wolf-Sheep Snout:

+2 Strength

+3 Smelling 

+1 Fishing

Basically Big Snout with sheep nostrils and tiny fangs to bite with.

15301154561581794973146.thumb.jpg.2a35bdb90d5a172f1af28095c6f8fc86.jpg

Wolf-Sheep Ears:

+2 Hearing

Wow, what a surprise! Another cosmetic ear gene! (Picture above) 

And last but not least, the Woolly Tail:

+2 Cold Resistance

-1 Heat Resistance

(Another picture is included in the Woolly Body picture) 

15301155550171744503254.thumb.jpg.cd31bb37644e475737a9a0f3fa3bbfc4.jpg

Combining all the Wolf-Sheep genes, they make up these stats:

4 Cold Resistance

-3 Heat Resistance

2 Defense

3 Strength

3/5 Speed (depending on how much speed paws give)

1 Swimming

3 Smelling

1 Fishing

I spent an hour trying to figure this creature out and another hour drawing its pictures so it better get some votes xD

• Like 7

17 replies to this post

Female nichelings could use their wooly coats to build temporary nests! It would cover 5/10 points (the remaining 5 would still be twigs of grass) and the female would lose 1 cold resistance point; she would regain it obce her fur'd grow back - in 3 days.

• Like 3

Maybe change the wolf-sheep claw stats to +2 strenght, +1 fishing and +1 speed, since wolves don't really fish that much (neither do sheep) and can run long distances

8 minutes ago, Lilytuft said:

Maybe change the wolf-sheep claw stats to +2 strenght, +1 fishing and +1 speed, since wolves don't really fish that much (neither do sheep) and can run long distances

Wait, what? Add Fishing even though wolves and sheep don't fish...?

2 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

A normal claw gives you +2strenght and +2 fishing

• Like 1

On Wednesday, June 27, 2018 at 6:07 PM, Skysplash8 said:

Wolves do actually fish, but they use their mouth instead of their paws. I'm fairly sure sheep don't fish tho :D

On Wednesday, June 27, 2018 at 8:23 PM, Lilytuft said:

A normal claw gives you +2strenght and +2 fishing

The normal claw seems to be based off of ambush preds like big cats who's paws are well designed for attacking prey and fishing. The wolf, being a pursuit pred, has paws adapted for speed rather than strength. I assume the claws are used for grip, like the studs on football boots, because they're useless when it comes to attack. Because wolves cant turn their paws like big cats can, the most they can do is bat at their preys hindlegs during a chase, which could do some damage, but doesn't really serve much purpose other than slowing the prey down a wee bit. Skill wise, a wolf's paw would basically function the same as the runner leg

On Wednesday, June 27, 2018 at 4:49 PM, Skysplash8 said:

Wolf-Sheep Claw:

+2 Attack

+1 Speed

+1 Fishing

As I said above, a wolf's paw is useless for attack or fishing and would basically be the same as the runner leg

+1 Kick (If attacked, it will kick the foe immediately (even if it doesn't have any turns left-- acts like spiky body)--damage dealt depends on kick power)

I like the idea, but I don't think it should automatically kick the attacker. It makes sense for the spiky body to defend the nicheling whether it's out of turns or not; it takes no energy for spikes to defend a creature, because the spikes are always there. On the other hand, the nicheling would need energy to kick an attacker, and it wouldn't have any energy if all its turns have been used up. I would personally change this to strength, because it doesn't really make much sense to me to have it as an automatic sort of defense like the spiky body

And last but not least, the Woolly Tail:

+1 Cold Resistance

-1 Heat Resistance

+1 Speed

I would change the speed to an extra cold resistance. Balance doesn't affect speed. The wolf is fast and their tail does help them run without losing their balance, but if you were to take away the tail the wolf wouldn't be any slower. Likewise, if you were to stick a wolf's tail on a sloth, the sloth would still be as slow as it was before

Ooft this is a pretty long comment O.o I like this idea, upvoted

• Like 2

Just now, BirdsAreCool said:

Wolves do actually fish, but they use their mouth instead of their paws. I'm fairly sure sheep don't fish tho :D

The normal claw seems to be based off of ambush preds like big cats who's paws are well designed for attacking prey and fishing. The wolf, being a pursuit pred, has paws adapted for speed rather than strength. I assume the claws are used for grip, like the studs on football boots, because they're useless when it comes to attack. Because wolves cant turn their paws like big cats can, the most they can do is bat at their preys hindlegs during a chase, which could do some damage, but doesn't really serve much purpose other than slowing the prey down a wee bit. Skill wise, a wolf's paw would basically function the same as the runner leg

As I said above, a wolf's paw is useless for attack or fishing and would basically be the same as the runner leg

I like the idea, but I don't think it should automatically kick the attacker. It makes sense for the spiky body to defend the nicheling whether it's out of turns or not; it takes no energy for spikes to defend a creature, because the spikes are always there. On the other hand, the nicheling would need energy to kick an attacker, and it wouldn't have any energy if all its turns have been used up. I would personally change this to strength, because it doesn't really make much sense to me to have it as an automatic sort of defense like the spiky body

I would change the speed to an extra cold resistance. Balance doesn't affect speed. The wolf is fast and their tail does help them run without losing their balance, but if you were to take away the tail the wolf wouldn't be any slower. Likewise, if you were to stick a wolf's tail on a sloth, the sloth would still be as slow as it was before

Ooft this is a pretty long comment O.o I like this idea, upvoted

I edited it to be like what you said ^^

7 hours ago, Alfamangle said:

Strength for the claw? Just seems weird to have a CLAW with no strength boost

look below

On 1/2/2019 at 11:22 AM, BirdsAreCool said: