Stray Fawn Community

Game freezes on loading screen

Taduk

Thanks for the save file! We'll look into it.

Please try this:
Go to setting, graphics and change your "Animal Texture Resolution" to ultra low.
Please let me know if that helped.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lately I've been having this problem. It has always frozen occasionally when I load a savegame. But lately I can't even start a new game without it freezing. What might the cause of this be? Am I playing the right version? I'm playing the release_preview...

• Like 1

On 9/5/2018 at 10:56 PM, Drewbc said:

Lately I've been having this problem. It has always frozen occasionally when I load a savegame. But lately I can't even start a new game without it freezing. What might the cause of this be? Am I playing the right version? I'm playing the release_preview...

You need to play on the latest release (which has the same features as release_preview, but a lot of bugs have been fixed). @Philo?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Philo said:

@Skysplash8 The release_preview version is the same as on the main branch currently :)

@Drewbc

Please try this:
Go to setting, graphics and change your "Animal Texture Resolution" to ultra low.
Please let me know if that helped.

If that doesn't help, please post your .log files here.
Here is how to find them

I turned the animal texture resolution down to very low. I was able to start a new game but I still couldn't load an earlier savegame. (I was trying to load a game from save slot #2.) I tried a couple of times just to be sure. Also is this the right file? It's the only one in the "Niche_data" folder. 

output_log.txt

• 3 weeks later...

@Drewbc
Sounds like an out of memory problem.
Could you send over your computers specs?
You can find them on Steam by clicking Steam -> Help -> System information.
It could be that your computer is below our minimal requirements.
If that is the case or if we can't fgure out the problem, we can offer you a refund.

• Like 1