Stray Fawn Community

Strange video bar and laggy

steven_first

Just installed the game and started having issues immediately after launch.  The game runs very slowly (lag) on Ryzen 7 1700X 16GB RAM with GTX1080 TI.  There is also a bar at the top of the screen that seems to be a second squished instance of the game?  I am running an ultrawide monitor with a 3440:1440 resolution. 

Clipboard01.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums :)

This is a really weird bug. I'm also playing on an ultrawide monitor, but I've never seen this. Does it only happen in fullscreen mode, or also windowed?

The logfile would be helpful to analyze it. It can be found here:
Windows: C:\Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Nimbatus\Nimbatus

Would be great if you can upload it here

Interesting results:

Changed to windowed mode and disabled bloom and AA and game booted fine with no lag or double image.  Tried enabling bloom and game crashed repeatedly.  Deleted game settings dat file and restarted game and worked.  Turned on bloom (still in window mode) and worked.  Enabled full screen and worked.  Enabled AA and crashed....  Delete game settings dat file and restart game.  Enable full screen, bloom, and AA...no issues...    Go to start game to play thinking everything is fixed and now game is back to same lag and double screen issue.  Deleting game settings dat file nor changing settings is working now............   output_log_fullscreen_bloom.txtoutput_log_crash.txtoutput_log.txt

@steven_first Ok very weird.

The logfile shows an error on a dx11 call. So here is a list of things I would try:

• Update your graphic card drivers
  • If you have a VR Headset connected or other peripherals that could interfere, disconnect them and try again
  • Delete the whole Nimbatus folder in Appdata/locallow, to reset all settings / savegames

Edit: Also when reading your results I guess AA might be the culprit here, so try again with just bloom enabled.