Stray Fawn Community

Balance Bear Hybirds

HighlyIllogical

I love the look of Balance Bears and they sort of look like nichelings, especially the ears so why not just put this idea out there? But forgive me I looked at the stats of the balance bear and don't really know what genes they'd offer so here's what I've got, feel free to add your own input and suggestions.

Existing BB Genes:

Black Eyes

Normal Ears

No Horns

White Fur

New Genes They'd Offer: (Note: I'm not trying to be op I'm basing theses genes off of the BB's actual stats)

Far Sighted Eyes: +5 Eyesight( this may actually be a bit op)

Balance Bear Paw/Claw - +1 Strength, +1 Collecting, +1 Fishing

Balance Bear Snout - +5 Smelling, +2 Fishing

Balance Bear Hind Legs - +2 Speed

Bulky Body/Fat Layers(Idk what do call it) - +3 Defense(Maybe +2 if its too op) +1 Cold Res.  (EDIT: Perhaps the large body could add a new ability call Upright Posture that would add some eyesight rather than have a really op eyesight gene)

Balance Bear Pattern - This pattern(recessive) would mask any other patterns the nicheling had as long as it had 2 copies of the gene and would basically be exactly the pattern of the Balance Bear on a Nicheling body from ears to hindlegs. 

Stats: +1 Batesian Mimicry:(Or perhaps just +1 Distasteful Appearance) since the pattern resembles another Balance Bear it would make other Balance Bears as well as other weaker animals less likely to attack anything sporting that pattern

(Just a thought) Ironically the pattern may also help camouflage in the jungle since its spotty

Also do Balance Bears have tails? I guess I could add a BB tail gene too just for looks, idk what stats it would have, maybe like +1 Cold Res.(which is basically a fluffy tail)

Lastly I know I might have stated it above but before you call any of these gene op think about what you'd have to do to obtain them according to how current hybrids in the game are bred, 1st you' have to get to the Mountain Biome, 2nd You'd have to survive long enough for a BB with a cub to spawn, 3rd You'd have to kill the parent BB and tame the cub(mind you BB's have a lifespan of a 100 days and 3 defense), 4th Wait for that cub to grow up and then breed with it, 5th Breed the recessive BB traits so that they are displayed as phenotypes.

Actual Balance Bear Stats: (I just put these here for reference)

2 Speed

2 Strength

3 Defense

2 Collecting

4 Fishing

5 Eyesight

3 Hearing

5 Smelling

1 Cold Res.

• Like 3

2 replies to this post

They do have tails. Really, really big fluffy frikin tails that I LOVE! Maybe it could have a large fluffy tail, a small balance bear tail basically, and it gives +2 cold res because its so frickin fluffy.
Edit: Here's a big floofy balance bear tail.
image.png.892b1976ebc635688ad61901ca1af447.png
It may not seem big on it but it's the size of an adult nicheling if it standing up straight, or I imagine so.

• Like 1

Hi @HighlyIllogical! As the person who made the post for hybrids for rabbils to apes, I’m totally up for more hybrids. I just wanted to let you know that the entity’s stats don’t need to match the genes you make. Take a look at the bearyena genes as an example, a creature with all the bearyena genes has 11 strength and 1 movement while a bearyena has 2 strength and 2 movement.

Also, I’m not sure if the pattern would be a good fit with the way they’re generated. I think just a normal spots gene would be ok.