Stray Fawn Community

Feedback on Current Progress

GrigorisN

Hello,

Today I recieved my key for the alpha edition of Nimbatus, which, frankly, I anticipated to get since I saw the weapon editor on a notification e-mail. I jumped right into it and was satisfied with the current results. However I have many comments about the gameplay I would like to share, which hopefully will help in making this game more enjoyable. First I would like to comment about the editor itself. I, honestly expected it would make the weapons far more customizable. For example I was disapointed when i realised I couldnt add whatever effect I wanted on a weapon, of those available of course. But I thought, fair enough it makes sense. What I was a bit confused was the fact that the upgrades have a specific effect without any drawbacks or advantages. For example, why dont positive effects (advantageous upgrades) cost a bit more energy or something or higher attack speed decreases accuracy, which would make sense, and negative effects like shoot force downgrade have positive effects that will make you add them to be useful in more than the type of combination of upgrades you would like to use to make a cool looking weapon. Also, after seeing positive upgrades with a negative counterpart and my thought of each upgrade have both pros and cons is used i would like to see a negative attack speed upgrade for making a sniper rifle type of weapon or a cannon. Last but not least I am really confused with those boxes that have inside what looks like red coins. What are they and what do they do? Other than these comments i am sure that Nimbatus is walking towards the right path.

With pleasure, Gregory

P.S.: Should I post my suggestion in the suggestions forum as well or this is enough?

• Like 3

Hey Gregory

Welcome to the forums and thanks for the feedback :)

The more powerful upgrades already have downsides like increased energy usage over time. An upgrade like shoot force downgrade or recoil upgrade is not per se a negative effect, it can be powerful when used in the right combination.

The next update will have different effects for the different ammunition types (plasma and cryo), which will also make some of the upgrades more valuable.

If you have ideas on how to improve the upgrade system, feel free to post them in the suggestions :) We are happy about every feedback we get!

Cheers,

Micha

"Just a quick hint regarding the boxes (and other stuff): try to dump them into the collector"

I did, nothing happened, to my knowledge at least. I expected an increase of my money but nothing happened. That is why i asked.

14 hours ago, Micha said:

Hey Gregory

Welcome to the forums and thanks for the feedback :)

The more powerful upgrades already have downsides like increased energy usage over time. An upgrade like shoot force downgrade or recoil upgrade is not per se a negative effect, it can be powerful when used in the right combination.

The next update will have different effects for the different ammunition types (plasma and cryo), which will also make some of the upgrades more valuable.

If you have ideas on how to improve the upgrade system, feel free to post them in the suggestions :) We are happy about every feedback we get!

Cheers,

Micha

No, I have yet to see an upgrade change something other than the effect it says it will, apart from minigun that does change.

18 minutes ago, GrigorisN said:

No, I have yet to see an upgrade change something other than the effect it says it will, apart from minigun that does change.

the  range over time and beams over time upgrade also increase the energy usage over time.

But you are right it might be a good idea to balance the upgrades more and add some negative side effects.

@GrigorisN I agree that the Upgrades in the Weapon Workshop are not ideally balanced yet. I think we have a system which allows for good balancing, but we haven't but a lot of time into this section yet, only the system. So I can understand your feedback fully :) 

What Micha was saying is that there are not necessarily good or bad upgrades - it depends on how you use them. More recoil e.g. might be useful sometimes, in other cases of course not. We try to have a up/down-grade for every variable/setting, so you can choose how you want to configure your weapon.

As for having negative effects: I kind of like this suggestion. Are you saying, for example, if you add a "Use less energy", that maybe the "Damage" also gets slightly lessened? 

And it's very strange that the "Treasure Chest" with the red resource in it did not bring you any money when dropping into the Container. I should work, but I have to check it myself. Maybe we broke something during working. Thank you for the hint.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Markus said:

@GrigorisN I agree that the Upgrades in the Weapon Workshop are not ideally balanced yet. I think we have a system which allows for good balancing, but we haven't but a lot of time into this section yet, only the system. So I can understand your feedback fully :) 

Nobody is in a rush here. You guys did a fantastic job with the time it took you so far so i will, personaly, not have any complaints about time at this, which i know will take quite some time to be implemented.

What Micha was saying is that there are not necessarily good or bad upgrades - it depends on how you use them. More recoil e.g. might be useful sometimes, in other cases of course not. We try to have a up/down-grade for every variable/setting, so you can choose how you want to configure your weapon.

Agreed.

As for having negative effects: I kind of like this suggestion. Are you saying, for example, if you add a "Use less energy", that maybe the "Damage" also gets slightly lessened? 

Yes. I could make you a whole list about the side effects of each upgrade, if you wish me to.

And it's very strange that the "Treasure Chest" with the red resource in it did not bring you any money when dropping into the Container. I should work, but I have to check it myself. Maybe we broke something during working. Thank you for the hint.

It did actually. The number however was so small that I simply didnt see the number change.

• Like 2