Stray Fawn Community

Full Feedback Report

jbox1

This sums up everything I wanted to point out when playing the closed alpha release:

Bugs

• When anti-aliasing is disabled, distance sensor beams may not render at some angles/zooms, (assumedly) due to them being in-between pixels. Solution: make the beam wider.
  • "Risk Level" reports are rather in-accurate, as "low" risk planets can still swarm with more cannons than the German Military

Suggestions

• When the transmitter "cocoons" while under attack, the transmitter effect will be disabled (as it should be no longer transmitting, I assume) until it stops cocooning.
  • Bring back mother hives!
  • have an FTL jump cutscene play when jumping to planets (but can be disabled as the user pleases)
  • Multiplayer co-operative/competitive gameplay? I know that's usually a big ask, but co-operative gameplay never fails to please people.
  • City planets: planets with large sci-fi cities. Visiting them will grant special missions, but you will have to pay a tax to fly to them. Alternatively, city planets could have disasters, where you will have to launch a drone and finish the mission within a time limit (such as killing a giant space snake, deploying certain equipment, or otherwise)
  • Fuel tanks, battery cells and ore tanks can give a key output when they are full or empty
  • Ammo types should show tooltips about their effects.

General Feedback

I like the changes to the weapon systems, especially the option to have the weapon "fixed". This saves a lot of time, and removes the unnecessary requirement to farm weapons just to get one with a fixed angle. Of course, with the new weapon system, some fun (admittedly over-powered) features will be missed. I hope more planet types, missions and general obstacles to overcome will be added to the game, along side alternative gamemodes, similar to the sumo arena, which require the player to design autonomous drones to solve tasks.

• Like 2

Hey :)

Thanks for the feedback. Some good suggestions there! I'll add it to our list.

We have plans for many more game modes similar to the sumo arena, for example a battle arena with weapons, a drone race and some sort of obstacle course / labyrinth that you have to solve with an autonomous drone.

The only point that won't be done in the near future is real multiplayer. The only type of multiplayer we have currently planned is drone sharing and playing against autonomous drones of other players in different modes / tournaments.

Cheers,
Micha

• Like 3