Stray Fawn Community

Save(s) wiped after update crash

KageAngel02

I updated my game yesterday from 1.1.1 to the newest. When I tried to go in my first world a few minutes ago, it loaded ok. I noticed genes we're switched around on niches, and nearly all my unlocked genes we're now locked. When I went to next day transition, my whole computer crashed.

When I reloaded my game, it crashed steam. When I finally managed to get to my saves, the 500 day/900+ food save was GONE! I tried my other save and it crashed before it loaded in. Now I cannot load steam or play niche without my computer crashing.

As I have no internet here, I can't load my save. I will when next able to, and figure out how, I just wanted to make everyone aware of the issue I had.

• Like 1

8 replies to this post

Hi @KageAngel02

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forums!
The thing with the swaped genes and locked genes is preview to main branch bug. It should be harmless.

But the crash and save file loss sounds like a big problem. Sorry for the trouble!
Could you maybe upload your .log file and maybe some of the broken sale files here?
You can find them like this: 

Hopefully we can figure out the problem!
Also tagging @Micha here.

• Thanks 1

Thank you, @Philo

I will have to wait until tomorrow, as when I try to transfer the files to a flash drive to do it at work, my computer feaks and says the savefiles are harmful and cancels the transfer. It's hard to tell which is the right one, since I haven't been able to access it since yesterday, but my phone will let me take a picture of the savefiles.

Whatever happened snowballed bad, so I'm having to back up my files and reset to factory on my computer. I can't load up steam without it blue-screening on me. I'll get the files sent tomorrow before the reset.15305832705981987173675.thumb.jpg.763dff49269db59f0139bcdbf5d2719b.jpg

After multiple days of experimenting and trying different things (including reinstalling steam/Niche), Steam/Niche has ran about 30 minutes with no issues yet. I'm assuming I've lost the save I worked months on, so I will attempt to start a new game where it's slot was. I will update what happens.

UPDATE: New story ran fine. All other saves were updated to 1.1.4 and playable. So so far everything is going well. Sad to loose that hard work, but at least I can play again. I'll be sure to make backups this time. Lol

@Philo not sure you ever got around to looking at the uploads or not, just giving you an update.

Edited by KageAngel02
Status Update
  • Like 1

Update 8/1/18: Ended up doing a complete wipe of my computer due to a full system failure. I've wiped twice since the whole thing started, the second due to niche giving me an error during download saying something about "could not write to disc". I had steam and one steam game downloaded at that point, but had not updated my computer to win 10 from 8.1 yet.

It is completely wiped atm, and I've not had a chance to try downloading the game again yet. I've been on vacation and just got back home.

• Like 1