Stray Fawn Community

Static Family Tree

KageAngel02

It would be so nice that when you go into your family tree, it keeps the nichelings where you moved them.

My screenshot folder is full of pictures of the nichelings I've paired up. Every time I load a save, I have to find the appropriate screenshot from one of the five saves I have, then arrange them back together before I can even continue playing. Especially if you have a large tribe with multiple breeding pairs, and many 'rejects' that you don't want to breed.

Here's a few examples of what I mean. And I try to keep my tribe under 30. Right are the breeders/newborns, left are the rejects. Or in some cases, omg space plzzzzz.

Suggestions and comments are welcome.

20180611014742_1.jpg

20180610135527_1.jpg

20171008154435_1.jpg

• Like 4

7 replies to this post

maybe it labels the islands that they came from like there is a border:

Whale island

(Insert Family members and relation lines here)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current island(Burning Savannah for example)

(Insert family members here and their blood lines)

17 minutes ago, Fishyfishyfishy500 said:

maybe it labels the islands that they came from like there is a border:

Whale island

(Insert Family members and relation lines here)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current island(Burning Savannah for example)

(Insert family members here and their blood lines)

Not sure how others do it, but I tend to linger on fruitful islands and breed up for the next level islands, then power through to the next 'fruitful' island to restock.

My current save had 500 days and like 60 shy of 1k food. Plus my breeder pairs change so often, and having normally three different breeding lines at a time, it's tedious to reset the pairs every time I load up a save.

I could only imagine the setup peeps who Livestream and record playthroughs have to do each day.

@Fishyfishyfishy500 I don’t think that’s what the suggestion is proposing. Labeling the island of origin is something that relates more to suggestions wanting extended family trees. This suggestion is requesting that when you move creatures around on the family tree, they don’t move when you exit out and come back.

This would be really cool to have! By the way, @KageAngel02, here's my way of sorting out my creatures in my 200+ day tribe with 1k+ food: Rejects- Full red gems, and pairs have a special combination of colored gems, like pink red pink, and each pair would have a different combination. I just recently started with this system (before I've mostly just had one pair that bred and then other pairs would just have a couple children to keep the immunities, but now I have about 40 creatures and more immunities to keep, so it's kinda hard to keep track), but before I would just mark the ones I wanted to breed with full blue gems (I also did this to the creatures I was gonna move to the next island).

• Like 1

On 7/4/2018 at 8:30 PM, Skysplash8 said:

This would be really cool to have! By the way, @KageAngel02, here's my way of sorting out my creatures in my 200+ day tribe with 1k+ food: Rejects- Full red gems, and pairs have a special combination of colored gems, like pink red pink, and each pair would have a different combination. I just recently started with this system (before I've mostly just had one pair that bred and then other pairs would just have a couple children to keep the immunities, but now I have about 40 creatures and more immunities to keep, so it's kinda hard to keep track), but before I would just mark the ones I wanted to breed with full blue gems (I also did this to the creatures I was gonna move to the next island).

I like the idea of marking the ones who will travel. I normally have my prime pairs set to alpha, undecided as B and rejects U. My first gem I generally have as gender for easy finding if you have a lot of nichelings; pink: female, yellow: male. Second gem is the skills I focus on. Green: gather, red/orange: battle, blue: aquatic, yellow: exotic. Last gem is either pink: breeder, yellow: retired breeder or red/orange: never breed. I normally keep one pair for each category, and a pair as backup if either die.

• Like 1

one thing that I tend to do is give breeding pairs matching last names(and sometimes also gem colors, as I'm seeing other people here also do); it makes them stand out both in the family tree and while looking at the creatures normally. (I also use it to track bloodlines over very long spans of time; EX: descends of a certain certain get a little diamond symbol in their names.)

• Like 2