Stray Fawn Community

After over 140 days, my tribe finally went down when I passed through the savanna

I have a game save in story mode, and at over 140 days, it's the longest my tribe has ever survived -key word being survived. I just had to be unlucky enough to cross through the savanna when I was already having problems with food beforehand. Everyone starved to death, I reached a low point of 3 creatures at a time, and just when I thought I was going to bounce back in the jungle, my last remaining star failed to leave an heir no matter how many babies she had.

So, my three remaining creatures survived the savanna and we have plenty of food in the jungle, but there are no more creatures with home immunity and I don't think trying to "restart from the same bloodline" would give me a creature with home immunity. Which means that I've effectively lost the game.

What is the worst situation your tribe has ever been in?

• Like 1

Restarting with the same bloodline in story mode should give you an home island offspring, if it doesn't its a bug. 

I had a similar situation like this way back when they first added the new feeding system (the one we have now where a creature eats one food a day and not one with every action) I was not adapted to the new system and at one point everybody was starving to death on a hard mixed biome island, I survived and had perfect creatures because of the hard inbreeding. I was really proud of myself and happy because it was an awesome challenge :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jojo said:

Restarting with the same bloodline in story mode should give you an home island offspring, if it doesn't its a bug. 

I had a similar situation like this way back when they first added the new feeding system (the one we have now where a creature eats one food a day and not one with every action) I was not adapted to the new system and at one point everybody was starving to death on a hard mixed biome island, I survived and had perfect creatures because of the hard inbreeding. I was really proud of myself and happy because it was an awesome challenge :D

This reminds me of the cookie tribe of Seri pixel biologist, of course they never died, but Seri gave up on them before they could try to adapt.

one thing Ive just started doing is splitting my nichelings into two factions. one geared towards as much strength as possible and one towards collecting. i made sure both had the home immunity. and this might help you avoid that situation because if one faction looses the home immunity you've still got the other faction and you can rebuild the faction that lost the home immunity from the other using mutations.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jojo said:

Oh. I didn't try that yet, and I still have my game save. Thanks!

Edit: It worked!

12 hours ago, PopsicleNinja said:

Oh. I didn't try that yet, and I still have my game save. Thanks!

Edit: It worked!

Glad to hear, hope you make it :D