Stray Fawn Community

An All-Female Crisis

vixenwish

Unlucky On Niche  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever had all of one gender on Niche?

• Yes, all female
    • Yes, all male
    • I've been close!
    • Never
  2. 2. WYR have your female give birth to all males or all females?

• All males
    • All females

So, the other day I decided on trying to create another exciting Niche world with Storymode. I figured that it'd be quite relaxing to play, since normally I challenge myself with hard islands right off the bat. So I make it all the way to having Eve join the tribe, as usual, and then they have three babies, all female, which is totally fine. Then, I move over to the next island. More and more babies are born, one after another, all female. At this point I'm desperate to have a boy, as my only male is Adam and there are no wild creatures to be found. Only two days left, and then another girl is born. Last day alive, female. I'm left with not a single male in the tribe. Since I had to force breeding at the end to hope for a boy, some of my creatures are dying of starvation. And then... a blessing arrived.

aaaa.PNG.d19c6f0553315585f024ce844918c466.PNG

This strange, spiky-bodied male shows up out of the blue, deformed paw and all, ready to breed with my first-born who he matches up perfectly with, and, happens to be the one that found him in the first place. Wow.

welp.PNG.536139e230a4f2a87f0d08b049503e03.PNG

This is what everything looked like. Eight females, and then our precious make on the left. Dreams really do come true. It was so fun seeing this all happen! 

(P.S. sorry for all of the warrior cat-themed names, I was doing this with my younger cousins, and they wanted to choose some warrior names, lol. Gingerstar on the far right of the second picture is the creature that found our lovely male. :))

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

That happens to me so often. I even made a suggestion that there is some sort of mechanic that balances the genders a little more. I had it with all female and all male, though usuallly I have more females than males.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jojo said:

That happens to me so often. I even made a suggestion that there is some sort of mechanic that balances the genders a little more. I had it with all female and all male, though usuallly I have more females than males.

Good idea! I know it's really just luck, but I suppose that I don't have much of it!

Once, in my favorite tribe, I took my creatures over to a new island, only for me to realize too late that I had only brought a couple males... and they all only had a few days with. (WHY Pako?? It felt like you were born yesterday, but you went and died of old age on me!) Thankfully, probably about 5-8 days later, a rogue male turned up. I immediately made all my females go and breed with him (thankfully birthing three sons on that first day of breeding with him). This was an island that would usually be very, very bad, but in this case it was perfect, because it was FULL of Rogue Males. 100 days or so later, we STILL have albinism showing up in half the creatures that we got from those rogues. I named that island Rogue Male Island. (I like the name the islands.)

I've gotten so close to an all-male tribe, all of them with 1 or 2 attack, ON A DARN JUNGLE, when suddenly a bearyena and a seeing ape appeared. The parents of these children were Bearyena- clawed and I put Nimble Fingers and Runner Leg in there for collecting. all of the children got weak.

This is why I'm always afraid of jungles. And why I'm terrified of a jungle island with those thorns blocking the 'Crossing' port on my Adam line Speedrun.

I'm gonna need to make a separate save file in sandbox to see if I can survive by just going by the shoreline. If I can't survive through that, then I'm finished.

(I'm 64 days in the speed run, lol)

(Only 3 generations so far)

(I'm only gonna stop to have children if I need to)

(1 nicheling going forward, then the other going ahead, and repeating is my fastest way to run from things like jungles)

( H e l p . )

15 hours ago, froggyjmoore said:

I've gotten so close to an all-male tribe, all of them with 1 or 2 attack, ON A DARN JUNGLE, when suddenly a bearyena and a seeing ape appeared. The parents of these children were Bearyena- clawed and I put Nimble Fingers and Runner Leg in there for collecting. all of the children got weak.

This is why I'm always afraid of jungles. And why I'm terrified of a jungle island with those thorns blocking the 'Crossing' port on my Adam line Speedrun.

I'm gonna need to make a separate save file in sandbox to see if I can survive by just going by the shoreline. If I can't survive through that, then I'm finished.

(I'm 64 days in the speed run, lol)

(Only 3 generations so far)

(I'm only gonna stop to have children if I need to)

(1 nicheling going forward, then the other going ahead, and repeating is my fastest way to run from things like jungles)

( H e l p . )

I hate jungles but just running usually works pretty well (if you have a lot of food stocked up your technique will work even better) but staying by she shoreline probably won't the seeing ape is probably going to be your doom or the other two depending on your creatures

• Like 1

I’ve come pretty close! I have a save file where I have flying, poison-fanged, cool looking descendants of Adam and a (winged!) Eve. The only problem is, while I have a tribe of over 30, I have but five males. Five. It always seems the starter nichelings either have all boys or all girls!!!

ChasingNyx , you are luck >w< cause i always end up with all males , is better having all females then males , females have babies , males not , and the and of my "tribe" is always a male with lots of food , being chased by predators , looking for a female ;-;

#weneedmorewildfemales   

:3

On 7/6/2018 at 11:51 PM, orangesunrise said:

Glad that you were able to pull yourself out of that!

I haven't had that happen to me, though I've had multiple close calls.

My tribe in story mode had a problem where none of my home stars had a partner that matched up, which resulted in a similar situation to having one gender.