Stray Fawn Community

Docking

OmegaRogue

Maybe make a Docking block, like the disconnector but it disconnects/connects two seperate parts when both have these blocks, at least one of the blocks is activated and the docking blocks of both are touching/near eachother

• Like 3

3 replies to this post

good idea! it would be awesome if you could have a couple of these on a drone and have multiple little drones docked with their own drone brains so you could switch between different drones for different purposes. (eg. a drone for digging, fighting, and resource collecting)

• Like 1

I have build a "carrier" style drone with sub drones, but It's a real hassle to make one that can move, and of course I can't have the drone redock. I'd especially like if the dock deactivates the drones completely so they don't interfere with regular maneuvering.

Magnets can help a bit, here.  I made a drone once that spawned with a bunch of weapon systems, and you could go back to them to swap one weapon system for another with magnets.  It was less awesome than it sounds, more keystone cop than Gundam, but it worked.

Real autonomous docking requires directional sensors AND distance sensors that can pair to a specific block, so a drone can seek that block at the right angle and speed.