Stray Fawn Community

Highlight compatible immunity in family tree

Incyray

Personally I think that sifting through a large tribe to find mates for your nichelings is the most tedious thing in the game. I'm no game dev so I don't know how easily this would be implemented,, but here is my idea(with visuals wowee!)-

1609694301_possibleimmunityUIthing.thumb.png.32b17732932041dbfae41b942a340ac2.png

The idea is to add another tab to the family tree. you select a given nicheling, click this button/tab, and it will highlight all nichelings of the opposite sex whose immunities are compatible with the selected nicheling's immunity. Here I used a little diamond to show compatible mates but it could be done with another symbol/ect.!

this feature would save a LOT of time and tediousness, without removing any challenges. It would also help a lot with maintaining smooth flow.

• Like 4

6 replies to this post

oh man, look at that! :0

(also, your UI design looks p nice too! it's actually p good to see different ideas for how it could look)

ALSO, I noticed that you also added a thingo to show the creature's age- which another absurdly useful little thing to have! (esp when preparing to travel to a new island)

• Like 2

For now I just go ahead, put the immunity I want, cross off those who have it, then go for the other immunity gene, cross some out, then whoever does NOT have EITHER immunity gene is a good mate. I usually auto- cross out those peeps who have bad genes like crippled paw or sick peeps, as long as the sick peep has common and/or copied immunity genes as the nicheling i'm trying to breed. I WILL breed in these cases: (The first set is nicheling I want to breed)

B F , Home Home = I will breed these two.

B F , G Home = I will breed these two.

B F , F Home = I will only breed these two if desparately needed.

B F , F B = I will only breed this pair if they are the last two alive.

Have a good day!

~Iris'Sun

You get an upvote even though the submitting stage has ended. Congrats.