Stray Fawn Community

Flak guns

Baked beans

So I was watching a video on YouTube that showcased the grenade launchers in the closed alpha.

The person I was watching commented about how difficult it was to hit airborne targets with the grenade launchers. I was looking at how the grenades exploded midair and thought to myself “hey, flak guns would be pretty cool.”

Flak. A fast firing weapon with low accuracy shots that explode when they get near a target. Low overall damage, high splash radius. Do nothing against terrain or grounded enemies (AA guns, hives, snake eggs, etc) because they are unable to blow up.

Upgrade tree options could include things like: Explosion radius; how close they need to be to an enemy to explode and so on.

• Like 3

3 replies to this post

Interesting suggestion. You can already use a explosive upgrade on normal bullets I think. But a upgrade which would let the projectile explode when near a enemy would be interesting. I fear for the physics-simulation tho. All these new colliders :D I hope you have a good computer on your hand xD 

What about something more like traditional flak shells, just explode at the end of a trajectory?  Projectile lifetime + big bang (You can use that on guns/shotguns, right?) might be suitable, and is more representative of how flak really works, if I recall.  Doesn't real flak, WWII style, have to be ranged for its target to explode in proximity?