Stray Fawn Community

Should I start over?

Hello everyone, 

I am looking for some advice. I recently got the Niche game and began my first play of Adam's story. I am about six generations in and unfortunately have just lost both home island immunity and poison fangs. Is there any chance I will I be able to get them back  or should I consider the file a lesson learned and start over?

• Like 1

@bannergirl411 You can still get to the Home Island, but in order to invite the creatures into your tribe, you need at least one of your creatures to have the Home Island Immunity. If you want to invite them in, restart. If you don't care, just keep on going. You might make it over to another island where you unlock Poison Fangs or you might find a wanderer with it. However, the only way to get Home Island Immunity (HII) before getting to Home Island is from Adam. I would recommend starting over, and every time you make up a pair of creatures to breed with, make sure at least one of the creatures breeding has HI, and once you think you're done breeding out their genes, make sure at least one of the children that will (eventually) be breeding has HII.

@bannergirl411 Scratch that, apparently (according to another post), if you can kill off all your creatures (drown them, starve them, anything), you can "Restart from the Same Bloodline), and one of the creatures it gives you will have HII. You'll keep all your mutations, too.

I think you only restart with home island immunity if you go extinct on the island where you lost it (before travelling to a new island). I wish this wasn't the case, because it seems like a shame to have to start over from scratch if you travel after losing the home island immunity, but I think this is still how it works.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply!
If you restart with the same bloodline you only get a Home Island Immunity creature if you had one in your tribe on the last island you lived on.