Stray Fawn Community

Bushfire Season

Despite the fact that it's winter here in Australia, clearly it is Bushfire Season in my niche world right now! This fire started pretty early when I arrived in the savannah and just never stopped burning. I've been trying to migrate all my creatures down towards the ports (and have the babies I need for the next generation on the way) but even that couldn't save them! A new fire spawned right next to one of my newborn babies, right where their dad was standing!! Hopefully everyone will be able to survive the eight more days needed to finish unlocking all the hot climate genes!

Niche - a genetics survival game 9_07_2018 12_21_30 PM.png

Niche - a genetics survival game 9_07_2018 12_33_43 PM.png

Niche - a genetics survival game 9_07_2018 12_36_41 PM.png

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2018 at 10:45 PM, ValkyrieWolff said:

Despite the fact that it's winter here in Australia, clearly it is Bushfire Season in my niche world right now!

Meanwhile, it’s summer in America, and it’s definitely not fire season in my niche world. I rarely see more than three fires at a time, and almost all of the fires I’ve seen have spread two or three tiles before extinguishing themselves.

The largest fire I’ve ever seen was as big as 15-20 tiles, and it wasn’t even close to my creatures.

The only fire that sparked dangerously close to my creatures was extinguished by rain while it was still an ember.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2018 at 2:30 AM, PopsicleNinja said:

Meanwhile, it’s summer in America, and it’s definitely not fire season in my niche world. I rarely see more than three fires at a time, and almost all of the fires I’ve seen have spread two or three tiles before extinguishing themselves.

The largest fire I’ve ever seen was as big as 15-20 tiles, and it wasn’t even close to my creatures.

The only fire that sparked dangerously close to my creatures was extinguished by rain while it was still an ember.

It's so strange the way the RNG works! I was back at the Savannah again recently (only my second time there) and once again I ended up with a huge fire, not as big as these ones, but still probably at least a quarter of the island

On 7/26/2018 at 2:51 AM, ValkyrieWolff said:

It's so strange the way the RNG works! I was back at the Savannah again recently (only my second time there) and once again I ended up with a huge fire, not as big as these ones, but still probably at least a quarter of the island

If you're in europe huge fires and a lot of heat seem to be the trend right now ^^ So your Niche game is juts adapting ^^