Stray Fawn Community

Ice! ​❄️(and lemmguins) 🐧

Lilytuft

I know very well that I'm supposed to post each idea separately, but these two ideas are strongly linked to each other and lemmuings wouldn't work without ice. The ice idea is from my sister Stagmole.

Ice:

Ice only appears in mountain biomes. There are four weakness levels of ice. Normal ice doesn't have any cracks on it. Weak ice has one crack on it. Weaker ice has two or three cracks on it. The weakest ice is covered on cracks. If temperature is below 0, sea water freezes. At -1 it will be weak, but if temperature goes below that, it turns into normal ice. Some random spots have ice of different weakness levels. You can nest on ice. At the edges of the island (where you can't even swim) the ice will be weakest. If temperature gets above -1, ice will melt.

Weight:

Weight would be a new attribute. Different ice levels can carry nichelings of different weights. Here are genes that effect weight:

Big body: +2 weight

Lean body: -1 weight

Armored body: +1 weight

Bearyena claw: +1 weight

Mammut foot: +2 weight

Bearyena hindlegs: +1 weight

Creature's weight also depends on their age. One gem nichelings are weightless and two gem nichelings have -3 weight.

Here is a list of max weights an ice tile can carry:

Normal ice: 4

Weak ice: 3

Weaker ice: 1

Weakest ice: none (any nicheling will fall through even with -1 weight)

Interactions:

Creatures can walk on ice if it carries their weight. Nichelings will always slide one tile further than were you moved them. If the ice can't carry them, they fall through it. You need to move a nicheling to the tile next to them and pull them up. You need at least two strength to pull a nicheling out of the hole. Pulling a spiky bodied animal will hurt the helping nicheling. If the fallen nicheling spends a night in the hole, it gets the frozen status effect. They will of course also drown. Creatures with hammer tail can break the ice (for fishing purposes or to save a nicheling who's trapped under ice).

2122310644_Ice1.png.42b18416706bc8b315a48da871b9204f.png1441615414_pawsaction.png.b5e7df1deb0301213a3520cbe438c7c1.png

Lemmuing is a combination of a lemming and a penguing. They spawn on ice and they live in big packs like arctic ramfoxes.

Iceandlemmuings.png.fd89b85d6fc29f653555c50d5dba601c.png2017282442_Sizedifference.png.4f6794048f69058e18c10845fc65c64b.png

Movement:

Lemmguins move during day. They try to stay with their pack. On ice they slide on their bellies like penguins. Sometimes they dive in ice holes. When ice starts to melt, they travel to the opposite side of the island on land.

Habitat:

Lemmguins live in snowy mountain biomes.

Hunthing:

When attacked, the whole lemmuing pack will escape in different directions. If they're on ice, they will head towards ice holes. One lemmguin drops 5 food.

Lifespan:

A lemmguin lives for 10 days.

Apetite:

On ice they eat fish and on land they eat clover.

Abilities:

1 speed (on land)

3 sliding (on ice)

2 swimming

2 fishing

2 eyesight

3 hearing

2 smelling

3 cold resistance

1 heat radiation

1 scentless

0 weight

Spore pictures provided to you by @orinz

CRE_Lemmguin-1cafc7c4_ful.pngCRE_Lemmguin-1cafc7c5_ful.pngCRE_Lemmguin-1cafc7c7_ful.png

• Like 3
  • Paw up 1
  • Love 3

9 replies to this post

Totally upvoted this idea! But I have a few questions. For moving across the ice, what if you wanted to walk to a tile that supports your weight, but in between that tile and your currrent location there is a tile that doesn’t support your weight? Wouldn’t that mean you would fall down before you get to your wanted spot? Also, if you always slide, say you your Nicheling on a tile so you click on the tile before. The tile before does not support your creature’s weight, so would you fall down? Can you place nests on ice, and if so how would that work with weight? Can predators walk on ice, can they fall through?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pokestardragacraft said:

For moving across the ice, what if you wanted to walk to a tile that supports your weight, but in between that tile and your currrent location there is a tile that doesn’t support your weight? Wouldn’t that mean you would fall down before you get to your wanted spot?

I asked my sister and she said no. But maybe the ice would still crack a bit and turn weaker? The nicheling would be fast enough to avoid the fall.

Also, if you always slide, say you your Nicheling on a tile so you click on the tile before. The tile before does not support your creature’s weight, so would you fall down?

The nicheling would fall. It would kinda be slowing down, because it would have reached the spot where it's "supposed" to be.

Can you place nests on ice, and if so how would that work with weight?

You can if the ice can support your nicheling's weight. The nest is made out of grass so it's pretty light. Babies wouldn't weight that much, I'll edit the main post explaining it a little better.

Can predators walk on ice, can they fall through?

Depends on the weight. I'd imagine that a ramfox can walk on ice, but a bearyena or a balance bear would fall through.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

if a nicheling is trapped under for one night then wont the ice freeze over the nicheling, which will actually give the hammer tail a use for breaking nicheling out of ice as u said.

• Like 1

Ooo, I really like this! Would ramfoxes and/or balance bears hunt them? If so, they could be fantastic distractions during colder times. Would there be any way to counter the sliding? Maybe the option to move carefully across it, but that action cuts the nichelings speed in half? 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, aylablue13 said:

Ooo, I really like this! Would ramfoxes and/or balance bears hunt them? If so, they could be fantastic distractions during colder times. Would there be any way to counter the sliding? Maybe the option to move carefully across it, but that action cuts the nichelings speed in half? 

Never tought about that but I guess when they migrate oven the island they'd be easy prey. I like the countering idea

49 minutes ago, berri said:

One question- In the smelling/hearing screen, would lemmguins come up as green?

They aren't a threat to nichelings so yes

• Paw up 2