Stray Fawn Community

Apes missing?

oof.zip

I'm not sure if this is just a thing I have because of my awful computer or something, but it seems that only half to 1/3 of the time when I spawn on or go to a jungle island, apes don't ever spawn. I don't have super stealthy or deterrent creatures either, and I make no effort to reduce their scent or noise, but regardless of how much of the island I explore, they never come for me. I'm not complaining either, I love having no apes, but I'm not sure if it's something only I've ever had, or if it's actually common or rare.

• Like 1

It's a blessing, let's just leave it at that ^^

I actually have no idea if you are just lucky or its a bug... I never go to the jungle if I can help it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2018 at 12:18 AM, orangesunrise said:

What is the difficulty of your jungle island? If it's a medium jungle, apes are less likely to spawn than on the hard or killer ones.

This was on killer, hard, and medium, all of which never spawned apes over a 200 day period for all. Idk why lol

Hmm, you could try looking around for "ape spawn trees".
If you find some, there will also be apes ^^
Usually the games makes sure that there are enough ape tress spawned, but maybe you had a rare island where it didn't happen. Hmhm...

This happened to me aswell and three others I know of.  Yes, on the island with the hardest difficulty and the others. Whatever the issue was, it disappeared as mysteriously as it came. It's most likely just luck.

Odd things happen, getting two new genes from six ice blocks. Having 7 nichelings born in a row with the same immunity genes... from the same parents. The game of "is this a bug?" Is quite prevalent.

• Like 2