Stray Fawn Community

Peacock Tail/Antenna Accent Color

Leaellynasaura

I noticed that nichelings with peacock tail or antenna always have either purple or blue accent colors, respectively (at least from the front, and only males for the peacock tail). However, I don't think that that goes well with all fur colors, horn colors, and eye colors. I think that a possible solution could be either to make it a complimentary color of the color it is on, or have it based on eye color (so a nicheling with orange eyes would have orange accents, a nicheling with blue eyes would have blue accents, etc.). A new gene slot could also be a solution, but I don't think it's the best one, as it would only end up applying to creatures with specific genes.

• Like 4

2 replies to this post

@Lilytuft I think on albinos it should be just white
the red color in albino eyes dosn't come fron any special pigments, it is the lack of pigments that let you see the blood behind the iris
seeing blood in the feathers would be weird, to some degree possible -at least for the quill part- but weird
so the accent colors for albinos should be just white

• Like 2

Nice idea. Beige-blue antenna don't look good, but with brown eyes it would. Actually, brown eyes could be a nice gene for once! And imagine an albino creature with red antenna (and red antenna stripes!)

Ooh the possibilities!

• Like 1