Stray Fawn Community

Drinking

Stagmole

Drinking would be a new action that you could do with water. Nicheling could drink only when it's hot. When you drink you would get the cool down effect for two days. 

Drinking salt water would make nichelings sick, or feeling bad other ways. It wouldn't help with heat.

I would like to hear a little sound effect of drinking nicheling. :)

Thanks to:

Jojo for the salt water idea and Sheireen for the idea, that drinking could give cooldown effect for 1-2 days. (Before that I said that drinking wouldn't take any gems. This idea solved my proplem.)

• Like 4

9 replies to this post

I like the idea, but we would have to make a differentiation between salt water and river water. Drinking salt water would either make your creatures sick (not spreadable) or something else to show that drinking salt water is bad.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ChickenBatnana said:

I don't think this is smart. Drinking salt water doesn't really make you sick, you could just let it have no effect or have it be unavailable.

I never drank enough salt water to actually feel sick but it makes you more thirsty, also it tastes really horrible, still think there should be a debuff for it

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jojo said:

I like the idea, but we would have to make a differentiation between salt water and river water. Drinking salt water would either make your creatures sick (not spreadable) or something else to show that drinking salt water is bad.

I don't think this is smart. Drinking salt water doesn't really make you sick, you could just let it have no effect or have it be unavailable.

• Like 1

Since all actions in niche take up gems, this idea might not flow well in the game. However, perhaps you could have a nichling splash another to cool it down and allow it to regain that gem, or a nichling could splash some nichlings in a radius of them. Or, if that nichling jumps into the water, they could get their gem back as well.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2018 at 12:26 PM, Sheireen said:

maybe drinking could give a "cooled down" buff for ~1-2 days that reduces the heat a Nicheling has to endure by 1 (and that way lets it have the extra energy unless it is waaaaayy too hot)

Good idea! :)

On 7/16/2018 at 5:42 AM, BlazingCorvid said:

Since all actions in niche take up gems, this idea might not flow well in the game. However, perhaps you could have a nichling splash another to cool it down and allow it to regain that gem, or a nichling could splash some nichlings in a radius of them. Or, if that nichling jumps into the water, they could get their gem back as well.

I like that idea :) 

On 7/16/2018 at 12:40 PM, Jojo said:

You are right... ;)

• Like 1