My suggestions after about 10hrs of play

localghost

Drone Editor UI:

• Box select
    • Click and drag on the editor background to select all parts within
  • Shift-select
    • Shift click multiple parts to select
  • Double-click select
    • Selects all of the same type. Would be useful for mass editing (e.g. changing the fire button of all placed weapons of type "Basic Blaster"
  • Change root
    • Will change the root of the selected part(s). If I have a 10 thrusters connected to a fuel tank and I want to get right of the fuel tank I would now be able to remove the tank without removing the thrusters or having to change their root

Drone Parts:

• Struts (i.e. Kerbal Space Program)
    • Connect two parts to add rigidity, similar to the single built in strut but add weight, drag, etc
  • Smaller logic pieces I often like to build really compact ships and the size of the logic components limits this

Weapon Editor

• More ammo types
    • With the addition of burning and freezing, I feel like a lot of my combat weapons are kinetic because of the damage
  • Rare drops
    • Weapon Types
      • New or hybrid weapon types, not available at the beginning
    • Weapon Upgrades
      • Have two trees for Research and Discovered upgrades. Once you research certain upgrades, you can find upgrades that are better (within parameters) or have a combination of two other upgrades
      • Could be spawned on planets randomly to promote exploration once

• Like 4

1 reply to this post

Good suggestions!

I would also like to see multi-selection of several parts, and the double-click on a item is a good solution which is intuitive for gamers. 

We're still hesitant with struts :) It's partly physics-engine problem, partly gameplay reason :) We have it on our radar but we haven't decided yet how we will handle that topic :)

The same goes with how we'll handle logic :) I'm also for smaller parts, but then again, that's kind of a limitation which brings fun. Instead of making the parts by itself smaller, which would only be a compromise, I would rather have a different logic system, maybe inside a single part, to save space. This will maybe revamped in the future, but we're still unsure how to handle it :) There's already some discussion going on about this topic in the forum. I'm looking forward to what ideas you all come up with :) 

About weapons: We didn't have enough time to adjust every enemy to each ammunition type. I think there are not any more types needed, and if you prefer kinetic, that just means that we haven't made fire and ice strong enough :) I think we'll eventually add enemies which don't take damage from kinetic to make the other ammunition types more interesting.

About unlocking, this is currently in heavy progress, as we focus on progression in the next update :) Thank you a lot for playing Nimbatus and for all your suggestions!