Stray Fawn Community

World of the Dead

JAM Pheonix

I think this could be a cheat code you could toggle on and off. It would allow you to play as your deceased nichelings. Perfect for people who want to stay with thier nichelings forever, or at least, for a little while. Once they disappear off the tree in the world of the living, they will grow a 25-day long lifespan bar. When they die here, they are forgotten in the world of the living. Their icon appears with a flaming circle around it instead of a black one. You can switch between the two worlds using space if this is enabled. If it is disabled, space just ends the day like normal. When a nicheling falls off the family tree of the living and you have a pregnant female, the fallen nicheling will have the ability to bless the female with a reincarnation of themself. This is performed if you have a life bar in the world of the dead. You will see a "..." icon under the space you are on. When you click it, you will then see an icon with an angel on it. When you click this, it will bring up a list of your pregnant females in the layout of your family tree. There will be another angel icon on the bottom-right corner of the list, above the abilities. When you click it, the pregnant icon will become a "blessed pregnancy" buff, alowing you to go to any discovered nest, at the cost of all your action points. When the baby is born, it will be a spitting image of the forgotten nicheling, the nicheling will disappear from the dead world, and when the new reincarnation dies, They immediately disappear from the living family tree and the world of the dead, though they will still be on the dead tree. There will also be ghostly wanderers. If they are from your family, this means you are on the same island of different worlds. Your live nichelings will get a reunited buff that adds 5 stealth and 3 attack. This lasts 5 days or until your dead or live leave. When they are on the same island again, it won't last 5 days. If you were together on the previous island 4 days, it would last 1 day. Other wanderers are rare, like, excruciatingly rare, as they are like rouge males, except good. However, your kid will have a 50/50% chance to be instantly dead and ghosted, though they will be on the living tree.

How does this sound? Reply below!

-=- Special Credits -=-

1. bostonlobstah for these ghostly wanderers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 replies to this post

2 minutes ago, JAM Pheonix said:

I also got inspiration of this from the mexican Day of the Dead.

I think adding this will add some more of a mix to Niche.

but Niche is about genetics and not about any mythological and open for debate things like afterlife
a lot of people rp it like the ancestors are guiding the tribe and some ascend to godhood -I do too- but I think these things should only come from the player side and not from any game mechanics. in wildlife, dead is dead.

and game mechanics wise it would feel a bit cheaty if one of your females got attacked by a rouge but don't worry, you can just let the baby be your deceased favourite instead

however, I would like if you could 'save' a handful of your favourites and have them have a rare chance to spawn/reincarnate as wanderers. custom name included

• Like 4

Kinda seems a bit excessive. the game is about wild animals in a pretty scientific (if fictional) world, the whole thing is based around genetics don't forget. I feel like an afterlife, ghosts, and magic and such really fits very well with the theme of the game. If this were something more fantasy-orientated like minecraft, lord of the rings, or heck even The Sims i could see it, but with Niche it just doesn't really feel like it would fit very well.

this could be very fun. but it would probably be hard to implement. still upvote!

would the dead but not totally dead nichelings have to collect food for themselves and could they get killed?

also i feel like you got inspiration for this from somewhere....

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DogCatCowPig said:

this could be very fun. but it would probably be hard to implement. still upvote!

would the dead but not totally dead nichelings have to collect food for themselves and could they get killed?

also i feel like you got inspiration for this from somewhere....

They would only have to collect food and get damaged when they have a life-span bar. I also got inspiration of this from the mexican Day of the Dead.

3 hours ago, Sheireen said:

it sounds kinda interesting. definetly nice for rp purposes but I don't think it would fit in the concept of Niche

I think adding this will add some more of a mix to Niche. Plus this is a toggleable cheat code.

• Like 1

That last one would be cool. Like I said earlier, this is a toggleable cheat code, so it will feel a bit cheaty, but as for your first setence, this yes, i know would be a bit out of the category of niche, but you can play it regularly, without the ghost wanderers and all that.

2 minutes ago, TamTroll said:

Kinda seems a bit excessive. the game is about wild animals in a pretty scientific (if fictional) world, the whole thing is based around genetics don't forget. I feel like an afterlife, ghosts, and magic and such really fits very well with the theme of the game. If this were something more fantasy-orientated like minecraft, lord of the rings, or heck even The Sims i could see it, but with Niche it just doesn't really feel like it would fit very well.

you know, this is a cheat code. it is NOT in the actuall game itself, so in turn, you can play it normally. Without this.